Windows XP Constantly reboots.
Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:43 PM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:37 AM
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please follow these instructions in safe mode:
We need to create an OTL Report
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Check the box that says Scan All Users.
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users