Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC restarts with a Blue Screen Flash

• Please log in to reply

butterrice

butterrice

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Okay, I have an Acer Travelmate 3880. In the last few days, I've had issues with my PC restarting on it's own. It will freeze, boot me off line, then restart. At restart there is a flash of a blue screen with white text but it's not up long enough for me to read it. It shows up before the screen asking me if I want to start normally. Once up I have 3 security errors that pop up asking me if I want to run - igfxtray.exe, hkcmd.exe, and igfxpers.exe. Those have been there for some time. I have cleaned my computer - tfc, ATC,defragged, SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes, avast full scan and bit defender.

I don't know if it's hardware or virus. I figured I'd start here given the 3 pop ups I get. Thank you in advance for your help.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I notice that you posted here in our Malware forum in February
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

and unfortunately, thankfully it only happens very seldom, you never received a reply..

I am sorry your post was missed.

I think it best to have the Malware possibility checked first and I have drawn the matter to attention, to enable reply to that aspect, and if when you have a clean bill of health, the Mlaware expert considers it appropriate, they may well ask you to come back to this topic.

Sorry once again that the topic in Malware was missed.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
SweetTech has replied to your malware topic... :thumbsup:

http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry2118614

wannabe1

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
On my way now! Thanks!

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Okay Sweettech has brought me back to you! Here is the link so you can view what we have done there -

http://www.geekstogo...us/page__st__15

Sweettech gave me the clear on his end and thinks this is a Windows issue. I still have these 3 security errors: igfxtray.exe, hkcmd.exe, and igfxpers.exe. It will ask me if I want to run them and I have been hitting "no" or "cancel". This seems to be directly related to the "blue Screen with White text" I've talking about. It has not popped up or booted me off line since I've hit cancel. My browser will periodically freeze and note "not responding". When we ran the system system checker in Malware forum, I had a bunch of prompts wanting me to insert my Windows disk because of a missing "DLL cache". I no longer have that disk. May have been misplaced in my move. I have included the log of the Chkdsk program he had me run as well. It is actually a lot longer then what I'm able to post here so I had to shorten it. I took it back to Aprl 16 (it went back all the way to March!) It's below. Thank you in advance for your help!

ChkDsk Log

ChkDsk
This was odd. I couldn't find the log, so I "saved" to my desktop what I was looking at. When I reopened the log.txt from desktop to copy and paste here - this is what I got (I had to shorten the log because it went back to mid-March and it was too long to post):

4/21/2012 8:20:02 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 8:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/21/2012 7:20:10 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 7:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/21/2012 6:20:11 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 6:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/21/2012 5:20:11 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 5:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/21/2012 4:20:11 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 4:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/21/2012 3:20:11 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 3:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/21/2012 2:20:11 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 2:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/21/2012 1:20:11 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/21/2012 1:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/20/2012 8:20:01 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/20/2012 8:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/20/2012 3:20:01 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/20/2012 3:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/20/2012 10:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/20/2012 10:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/20/2012 5:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/20/2012 5:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/20/2012 3:31:24 AM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/20/2012 12:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/20/2012 12:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/20/2012 12:12:16 AM EventSystem Warning (52) 4356 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{58FC39EB-9DBD-4EA7-B7B4-9404CC6ACFAB}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.
4/20/2012 12:11:49 AM SecurityCenter Information None 1800 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The Windows Security Center Service has started.
4/20/2012 12:11:29 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/20/2012 12:11:10 AM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/20/2012 12:11:10 AM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/20/2012 12:11:09 AM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/20/2012 12:10:55 AM Winlogon Information None 1001 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.
Cleaning up minor inconsistencies on the drive.
Cleaning up 225 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 225 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 225 unused security descriptors.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ee080000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ee08d000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Windows replaced bad clusters in file 33222
of name \PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\PIP\PI7\PIPCP.its.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eeae5000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eeaf3000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eebb5000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eec85000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eec86000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eece5000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eece7000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eed45000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eed48000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eeff5000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2eeffe000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ef0be000 for 0xa000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ef0c0000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ef2b3000 for 0x10000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ef2b4000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ef491000 for 0xf000 bytes.
Read failure with status 0xc000009c at offset 0x2ef498000 for 0x1000 bytes.
Windows replaced bad clusters in file 44262
of name \WINDOWS\ime\imjp8_1\applets\hwxjpn.dll.
File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
Free space verification is complete.
Adding 10 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.

63432620 KB total disk space.
39898868 KB in 97331 files.
65136 KB in 13035 indexes.
2868 KB in bad sectors.
325676 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
23140072 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
15858155 total allocation units on disk.
5785018 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
f0 43 02 00 2a af 01 00 9e 73 02 00 00 00 00 00 .C..*....s......
ef 95 00 00 02 00 00 00 3a 0b 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........:.......
60 e8 00 07 00 00 00 00 d6 a2 f7 8e 00 00 00 00 `...............
a4 74 cc 06 00 00 00 00 ca f5 03 8c 05 00 00 00 .t..............
ac ab 6e 00 02 00 00 00 64 6a 8b 3e 08 00 00 00 ..n.....dj.>....
99 9e 36 00 00 00 00 00 c8 3a 07 00 33 7c 01 00 ..6......:..3|..
00 00 00 00 00 d0 3b 83 09 00 00 00 eb 32 00 00 ......;......2..

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.

4/19/2012 10:58:50 PM Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
4/19/2012 10:53:21 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/19/2012 10:51:57 PM SecurityCenter Information None 1800 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The Windows Security Center Service has started.
4/19/2012 10:51:54 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/19/2012 10:51:53 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/19/2012 10:51:53 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/19/2012 10:51:53 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/19/2012 10:18:34 PM Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
4/19/2012 10:16:00 PM Application Error Error None 1000 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module iexplore.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0008d1c0.
4/19/2012 6:20:04 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/19/2012 6:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/19/2012 6:06:35 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/19/2012 6:06:20 PM SecurityCenter Information None 1800 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The Windows Security Center Service has started.
4/19/2012 6:06:18 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/19/2012 6:06:18 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/19/2012 6:06:18 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/19/2012 6:06:17 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/19/2012 6:04:04 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/19/2012 1:20:15 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/19/2012 1:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/19/2012 12:23:32 PM EventSystem Warning (52) 4356 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{58FC39EB-9DBD-4EA7-B7B4-9404CC6ACFAB}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.
4/19/2012 12:22:44 PM SecurityCenter Information None 1800 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The Windows Security Center Service has started.
4/19/2012 12:22:43 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/19/2012 12:22:42 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/19/2012 12:22:42 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/19/2012 12:22:42 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/19/2012 3:20:52 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/19/2012 3:20:11 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/18/2012 10:20:01 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/18/2012 10:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/18/2012 9:49:55 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/18/2012 9:49:00 PM SecurityCenter Information None 1800 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The Windows Security Center Service has started.
4/18/2012 9:48:56 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/18/2012 9:48:56 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/18/2012 9:48:56 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/18/2012 9:48:55 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/18/2012 9:06:04 PM Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
4/18/2012 8:37:25 PM Userenv Warning None 1517 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ACER-CELERON-M Windows saved user ACER-CELERON-M\Bea's IPod registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.
4/18/2012 8:33:05 PM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 58148312
4/18/2012 8:33:05 PM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 58148312
4/18/2012 8:33:05 PM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second
4/18/2012 4:24:01 AM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 4578
4/18/2012 4:24:01 AM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 4578
4/18/2012 4:24:01 AM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second
4/18/2012 4:23:59 AM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 2171
4/18/2012 4:23:59 AM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 2171
4/18/2012 4:23:59 AM Bonjour Service Error None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second
4/18/2012 3:20:02 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/18/2012 3:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 10:20:01 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 10:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 9:34:56 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1035 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea's IPod ACER-CELERON-M Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: iTunes. Product Version: 10.6.1.7. Product Language: 1033. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.
4/17/2012 9:34:56 PM MsiInstaller Information None 11728 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea's IPod ACER-CELERON-M Product: iTunes -- Configuration completed successfully.
4/17/2012 9:34:52 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1042 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ACER-CELERON-M Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\9eff45.msi. Client Process Id: 2344.
4/17/2012 9:34:49 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 9:34:14 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 9:33:32 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1040 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea's IPod ACER-CELERON-M Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\9eff45.msi. Client Process Id: 2344.
4/17/2012 9:20:36 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1042 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ACER-CELERON-M Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webfldrs.msi. Client Process Id: 3920.
4/17/2012 9:20:36 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1035 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea's IPod ACER-CELERON-M Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: WebFldrs XP. Product Version: 9.50.6513. Product Language: 1033. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.
4/17/2012 9:20:36 PM MsiInstaller Information None 11728 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea's IPod ACER-CELERON-M Product: WebFldrs XP -- Configuration completed successfully.
4/17/2012 9:20:31 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1040 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea's IPod ACER-CELERON-M Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webfldrs.msi. Client Process Id: 3920.
4/17/2012 9:15:23 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 9:08:42 PM EventSystem Warning (52) 4356 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{58FC39EB-9DBD-4EA7-B7B4-9404CC6ACFAB}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.
4/17/2012 9:08:12 PM SecurityCenter Information None 1800 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The Windows Security Center Service has started.
4/17/2012 9:08:05 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 9:08:02 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/17/2012 9:08:02 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/17/2012 9:08:01 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/17/2012 9:03:03 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1042 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ACER-CELERON-M Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Documents and Settings\Bea\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple\Apple Software Update\iTunes.msi. Client Process Id: 1448.
4/17/2012 9:03:02 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1033 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: iTunes. Product Version: 10.6.1.7. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.
4/17/2012 9:03:02 PM MsiInstaller Information None 11707 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: iTunes -- Installation completed successfully.
4/17/2012 9:02:05 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 8:55:40 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 8:52:27 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1040 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Documents and Settings\Bea\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple\Apple Software Update\iTunes.msi. Client Process Id: 1448.
4/17/2012 8:52:26 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1042 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ACER-CELERON-M Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Documents and Settings\Bea\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple\Apple Software Update\AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi. Client Process Id: 1448.
4/17/2012 8:52:26 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1033 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Apple Mobile Device Support. Product Version: 5.1.1.4. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.
4/17/2012 8:52:26 PM MsiInstaller Information None 11707 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Mobile Device Support -- Installation completed successfully.
4/17/2012 8:50:52 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1040 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Documents and Settings\Bea\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple\Apple Software Update\AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi. Client Process Id: 1448.
4/17/2012 8:50:51 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1042 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ACER-CELERON-M Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Documents and Settings\Bea\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple\Apple Software Update\AppleApplicationSupport.msi. Client Process Id: 1448.
4/17/2012 8:50:51 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1029 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. Restart required. The installation or update for the product required a restart for all changes to take effect. The restart was deferred to a later time.
4/17/2012 8:50:51 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1038 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Windows Installer requires a system restart. Product Name: Apple Application Support. Product Version: 2.1.7. Product Language: 1033. Type of System Restart: 2. Reason for Restart: 1.
4/17/2012 8:50:51 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1033 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Apple Application Support. Product Version: 2.1.7. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.
4/17/2012 8:50:51 PM MsiInstaller Information None 11707 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support -- Installation completed successfully.
4/17/2012 8:49:22 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1025 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\YSCrashDump.dll is being used by the following process: Name: APSDaemon , Id 2696.
4/17/2012 8:49:15 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1025 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\objc.dll is being used by the following process: Name: APSDaemon , Id 2696.
4/17/2012 8:49:13 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1025 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\libdispatch.dll is being used by the following process: Name: APSDaemon , Id 2696.
4/17/2012 8:49:09 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1025 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\CoreFoundation.dll is being used by the following process: Name: APSDaemon , Id 2696.
4/17/2012 8:49:06 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1025 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\ASL.dll is being used by the following process: Name: APSDaemon , Id 2696.
4/17/2012 8:49:06 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1025 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon_main.dll is being used by the following process: Name: APSDaemon , Id 2696.
4/17/2012 8:49:05 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1025 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Product: Apple Application Support. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe is being used by the following process: Name: APSDaemon , Id 2696.
4/17/2012 8:47:47 PM MsiInstaller Information None 1040 ACER-CELERON-M\Bea ACER-CELERON-M Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Documents and Settings\Bea\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple\Apple Software Update\AppleApplicationSupport.msi. Client Process Id: 1448.
4/17/2012 5:55:51 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 5:55:13 PM SecurityCenter Information None 1800 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The Windows Security Center Service has started.
4/17/2012 5:55:10 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 5:55:10 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/17/2012 5:55:10 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/17/2012 5:55:09 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/17/2012 5:45:25 PM iPod Service Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 5:43:58 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 5:43:58 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service started

4/17/2012 5:43:58 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initialized
4/17/2012 5:43:58 PM Bonjour Service Information None 100 N/A ACER-CELERON-M Service initializing
4/17/2012 5:20:01 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 5:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 12:20:01 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 12:20:00 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 7:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 7:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/17/2012 2:20:01 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
4/17/2012 2:20:00 AM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.
4/16/2012 9:20:01 PM gupdate Information None 0 N/A ACER-CELERON-M The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I suspect that the hard drive is on its last legs so backup anything you can't live without...just is case...then run chkdsk /r again...

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I have not forgotten this. I just got in from a long work week. I will be backing up and reporting back tomorrow.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
we'll be here... :thumbsup:

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Okay - I have backed up my hard drive to an external hard drive using Windows XP's back up utility. I'm going to post what I think is the log. I can't find a "Wininit" log anywhere. The list looks the same as what I posted before. However, I did find a log with the Source "Winlogon" and it looks like the report for the chkdsk. If this is not the log, I can post you what I'm looking at. So here it is (my pc is still freezing on boot up, still moments of freezing while surfing):

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Winlogon
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 4/28/2012
Time: 5:17:07 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ACER-CELERON-M
Description:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.
Cleaning up minor inconsistencies on the drive.
Cleaning up 23 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 23 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 23 unused security descriptors.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
Free space verification is complete.

63432620 KB total disk space.
39026192 KB in 97085 files.
65368 KB in 13321 indexes.
2868 KB in bad sectors.
326292 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
24011900 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
15858155 total allocation units on disk.
6002975 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
f0 43 02 00 51 af 01 00 88 70 02 00 00 00 00 00 .C..Q....p......
ae 92 00 00 02 00 00 00 74 0a 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........t.......
18 ee 84 06 00 00 00 00 ea ba 42 8b 00 00 00 00 ..........B.....
1c 2f 04 06 00 00 00 00 fa 72 b8 52 05 00 00 00 ./.......r.R....
1e c1 9d fe 01 00 00 00 64 ec 2b fe 07 00 00 00 ........d.+.....
99 9e 36 00 00 00 00 00 c8 3a 07 00 3d 7b 01 00 ..6......:..={..
00 00 00 00 00 40 f8 4d 09 00 00 00 09 34 00 00 [email protected]..

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
that's much better...
download and install WhoCrashed from http://www.softpedia...oCrashed.shtml' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>here..
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

click on it...then run...then next...put a tick in accept...then next..put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder..then next...put a tick in create a desktop icon..then install.. then make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed...then finish...then click Analyze ...

if you get a message
This software requires the right version of Windows Debugging Tools for your type of computer. Because this is not normally installed and is not redistributable, we suggest you select the download option from below. Then the right package will be downloaded to a temporary folder and the required files will be extracted from the package automatically. You only need to do this once
click on download then try running it again

WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

Advertisements

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: ACER-CELERON-M
windows version: Windows XP Service Pack 3, 5.1, build: 2600
windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Celeron® M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz Intel586, level: 6
1 logical processors, active mask: 1
RAM: 1063366656 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2045894656

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 4/19/2012 10:04:59 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041912-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x2EBA6)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFE3DDA01C, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBF82EBA6, 0x1)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 4/17/2012 9:53:53 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041712-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsp.sys (aswSP+0x471B)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000000A (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF804FACA4)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsp.sys .
Google query: aswsp.sys CUSTOM_ERROR

On Tue 4/10/2012 3:47:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini040912-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x2EBA6)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFE14C301C, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFBF82EBA6, 0x1)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

aswsp.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do you have Avast! Anti-virus software installed on the machine?

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I did have Avast! but about 2 days ago I switched to Microsoft Security Essentials.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
aswsp.sys is a likely suspect in your crashes and is usually a part of Avast!. Apparently it's still trying to load at startup.

Click Start, then Run, type prefetch in the input field, and click Ok. The Prefetch folder should open. Right click in that window and choose "Select All"...press the delete key and confirm the deletion. Close the Prefetch window and reboot.

Windows will repopulate the prefetch during the next few startups...hopefully the bad file will not be included and will not try to load.

Let us know if this makes a difference in how your machine starts and runs.

butterrice

butterrice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Good Morning! I performed the "Prefetch" as instructed and deleted everything in there. When the PC boots up I still have the same three warning messages (igfxtray.exe, hkcmd.exe, and igfxpers.exe) from my original post. Last night I ran my pc as I normally do to see if the deletions would make a difference. I've been watching videos on my PC for a few years with no problems. However, now I'm experiencing freezing with Netflix, and other sites the video slows up and has glitches. I've never had this problem before. I did not experience the blue screen last night, but my PC shut down Netflix during Netflix viewing. It did not shut down the PC though. When I tried to run a scan in the Malware forum, numerous prompts told me that DLL caches missing. Maybe this is it? I don't play games on the PC with the exception of maybe a card game on Yahoo. Normal browsing where I'm reading articles or reseaching, it's taking longer then usual for my pages to load and there is a "few second" freeze where a notice pops that the page is not responding, or in Chrome, it wants to "kill" the pages. This happens frequently when I'm viewing videos.

Normal use like typing in Word or using an office application I seem fine. This is more in my browsing.