Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web site software?

• Please log in to reply

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
lots of softwares .. are listed

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
For those who are interested in using NVU, new Help files are available now :

HTML Version

PDF Version

NVU Information, download links, forum, etc.

Ron

wrxboy04

wrxboy04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i use microsoft frontpage for crap websites flash mx for good sites and notepad sumtimes but im not that good at it

tracywalls

tracywalls

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok you guys call yourselves Geeks ? Move over!

First if you want to learn HTML here are two great websites even a complete idiot would find interesting. This is where I first learned HTML.
http://www.htmlgoodi...cle.php/3478131

This website will also teach HTML and has an online editor so you can see the results of what you are making. Really helps a lot.
http://www.w3schools...ml_examples.asp

Second, you cannot get away with making a webpage without using HTML as this is the language that the entire Internet is written in.

Third, I agree DW is a beautiful program. I use it all the time. I aquired an "offsite backup copy" through a file sharing program called Bearshare. (But you did not here that from me). Search for Macromedia products and Dreamweaver will come up.

However if breaking the law is not on your to-do list then I have used this free program and its actually quite nice, not to mention easy to learn. Its called HTML kit found here http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

Good luck!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Original thread start was about using a WYSIWYG Editor so as not to hand code any html. You can Google until you are cross-eyed and get plenty of information on HTML tutorials. I can give you several on my own. I can also give you URLs for PHP, Java, JavScript, ASP, SSIs, etc. tutorials. Name it I got it.

BUT, this thread is about doing it the easy way. Personally, I do all my web page designs by hand coding. I love it though. I also have NVU, a WYSIWYG Editor. It has bugs if you start to do fancy things with it. You want a basic easy web page, NVU or its equivalent is the way to go. Enough said.

Ron

ShogunWarrior

ShogunWarrior

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I don't think it's the easy way, it's the lazy way. Ok, for beginners and stuff I'm sure it's ok to do it with WYSIWYG programs but I find it faster just to code it myself and you've alot more freedom and control than with WYSIWYG. Just learn some HTML and get a good editor with syntax highlighting and you'll be grand.

-SW

Space-Man

Space-Man

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Macromedia Dreamweaver is probably the best choice. When using it though, sometimes the page can be abit wide and looks poor, so don't put lots of things on the same line because it won't automatically jump to the next line. Bare that in mind :tazz:

Edited by Space-Man, 11 June 2005 - 02:06 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Macromedia Dreamweaver is probably the best choice. When using it though, sometimes the page can be abit wide and looks poor, so don't put lots of things on the same line because it won't automatically jump to the next line. Bare that in mind :tazz:

View Post

Very good choice, but expensive for beginners. I'm trying to give the ones that have no coding experience or absolutely refuse to learn html coding a choice to use programs that will at least get them started. I'm sure if they enjoy what they made easy enough, somewhere down the line they will get the initiative to learn coding.

There are a lot of free hosting sites that give you a choice of which online editor to use, a HTML Editor or the Visual Editor. Bravenet.com is one of those.

All this is a matter of choice, but for beginners, it's nice to know what the options are and use of freeware is a given before you invest in the expensive programs for web design. Search the web. There are so many static pages out there because people lost interest.

There are so many free online tools to choose from too that allow web page design to be done.

Ron

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi Ron,

Sorry I have not replied much towards my own topic, I'm battling the flu since Monday, and its just getting worse.
But I think I'm going to go ahead and stick with CSB/CuteSite Builder, it is an awesome program, and only cost 60+.
And Yes, I would love to learn HTML coding, but just don't have the time for that at the moment...

But when I do... ;) You'll be getting all the questions :ph34r: lol

I cant wait till I can show ya... I'm really excited about it.. I finally get to use my graphics I bought.

;)

But... I'm going to the doc's tomorrow if I can get in... This is just a nasty little bug that wont go away no matter what I do to get rid of it.. :tazz:

I even tried to overdose on orange juice and still nothing. :woot:

But anywho... Thanks for helping hun... I so appreciate all that you and everyone has tried to do to get me going in the right direction.

There is a lot I have to learn about HTML coding, and a lot I have to teach the geeks about speaking in blonde terms :) :hug: lol

;)

:tazz:

The_Big_G

The_Big_G

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
i find coffeecup isn't too bad and you can switch between wysiwyg and html and has many other features

Advertisements