Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just checking

• Please log in to reply

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello I have a pavilion elite e9120f computer with a amd phenom 2 x4 910 processor with windows vista 64 bit I had downloaded boost speed a few weeks ago...i didn't realize i would have to pay to have the program help me out..once i figure it out i uninstalled it and i keep getting a message pop up that says the program needs to be uninstalled im not sure if i didn't uninstall it properly but i would like for you to check it over and let me know if there is anything else i need to do so that my computer is safe once again. i just ran otl and got the log file on it im posting that with this also. Thank you for your time and effort to making my computer run and work better.

OTL Log file

OTL logfile created on: 4/12/2012 2:50:43 PM - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.39.2 Folder = C:\Users\rmfsjf67\Downloads
64bit-Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (Version = 6.0.6001) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.6001.19088)
Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy

8.00 Gb Total Physical Memory | 5.24 Gb Available Physical Memory | 65.47% Memory free
16.05 Gb Paging File | 13.49 Gb Available in Paging File | 84.03% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): ?:\pagefile.sys [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\Windows | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files (x86)
Drive C: | 917.54 Gb Total Space | 810.86 Gb Free Space | 88.37% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Drive D: | 13.97 Gb Total Space | 1.98 Gb Free Space | 14.15% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Edited by rshaffer61, 12 April 2012 - 02:14 PM.
Removed Malware Log...not used in this forum

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this and see if it will get rid of the program.

Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Sorry rshaffer61 missed your reply :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not a problem Phillpower2 and you are welcome to join in if you have any suggestions. I always welcome a second set of eyes.
:thumbsup:

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have installed Revo Uninstaller and I have ran it. I don't see the program that I am trying to get rid of does that mean that it is completely off the computer? I also notice that Revo have a junk file cleaner is there a way i could send you a log file about what all "junk" files it is saying? I just want to make sure im not deleting anything that is needed by the computer?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To delete junk files safely use this. It will not delete anything but junk files and temp files. We have never had a problem with it deleting anything it wasn't suppose to delete.
Also after the below see instructions for checking MSConfig Startups.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Background info courtesy of DonnaB Thank you

As for TFC, this is a tidbit of an article I found a while back by a MicroSoft MVP.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB).

Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running applications. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.
-- TFC only cleans temp folders.
-- TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything that may have anything to do with the booster program and restart.
IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.
Post back with the results

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok so i downloaded and ran TFC it restarted my computer then when it came up i went into msconfig and took away a few of the start up programs like yahoo and driver maxx so they don't start with the computer. I also have noticed that when the computer comes back from sleep mode or being restarted my Microsoft Security Essentials is not protecting i have to start MSE and manually tell it to start protecting the computer is there any way i could change that i would like it to be protecting as soon as the computer comes online

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open MSE and there should be a settings or option place where you can tell it to auto start on windows starting.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
OK so i went into the settings and there isn't anything about a start-up protection..i unchecked and re checked the real time protection box and then i restarted the computer when the computer came back up it was unprotected but after about a minute or 2 it turned itself on???? Maybe to many start-up programs still???? Also when the computer comes back from restart or from sleep there is an HP Adviser that pops up and takes a few to run properly i just went in and unchecked it from my startup programs so it shouldnt pop back up now im going to restart the computer again and see if that helps

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Advertisements

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i am attaching the log file it is to big to just copy and paste it in here.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep make sure to save it as a txt file and then attach it.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
it won t let me attach it alot of the log file is weird lettering that makes no sence can i just copy what is in english and not just symbols?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you save it as a txt file?
If not it won't show correctly.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
it saying no file is selected for upload and yes i saved it as autoruns.txt