Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just checking

• Please log in to reply

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
here is the log file i went and saved a new one it attached it right this time

Attached Files

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK this is going to be harder but you can try to copy and paste the info. I don't need the whole log anyway but just the stuff at the beginning that looks like the picture below.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i posted it a few minutes before you did i found a way for it to attach

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK though there is nothing in the autoruns it does need to be cleaned up.
Can you do a search for the boost speed and see if it shows it anywhere on the hard drive please.
Have you also checked in the Startup folder in the All Programs in the Start button at the bottom left?

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
nothings comes up when i do a search for boost speed. In the startup folder is only one thing called PictureMover for editing pictures. So that means that boost speed is gone now?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Possibly but is the pop up still happening?
If the above does not work then there is a fix located HERE
I don't know if it works but it's worth a try. There is a possibility it is still in the windows explorer on the C drive as a folder and maybe even in the registry.
Hopefully the fix or the folder will do the trick. I really don't want to try and do this through the registry if we don't have to.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try the above and if no luck we will have to continue tomorrow as it is late for me. Respond with your results and let me know. I will respond in the morning.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
OK so im not finding any things stating that boost speed is still on the computer. I put the computer to sleep and when it came back up the mouse pointer isn't visible. The mouse acting up started just a little bit after i downloaded boost speed so im not sure if the 2 problems are connected. As of right now the message has stopped popping up im going to allow it to run tomorrow for a while before i get back on here to post my findings "as in" if the message pops back up and or if the mouse keeps acting up. thank you for your help tonight and i will talk to you tomorrow with an update hopefully.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Below is something you can do if you are back online before rshaffer61 replies to your last post, one of the things that this program will do is provide us with a list of your installed software which will enable us to see if you have more than one anti virus program installed, whether your operating system service packs and all drivers are up to date and if there are any other programs installed that may cause you issues.
This guidance is secondary to what rshaffer61 advises on his return as he is the lead on your topic and I am offering input in the interim to help move things along for you.

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop instructions :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks Phill and something good to look through and check out for sure. I am glad to hear the pop up isn't happening anymore and like I said your Autoruns doesn't reference any speed boost startup but it does need attention. When you return and have done the steps Phill recommended I will include the autoruns instructions for slimming down that part of the system.
Your installed memory below shows you have more then enough total and free memory to run anything.

8.00 Gb Total Physical Memory | 5.24 Gb Available Physical Memory | 65.47% Memory free

Free space is also very good and not the issue that I can see.

Drive C: | 917.54 Gb Total Space | 810.86 Gb Free Space | 88.37% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Advertisements

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok so i ran pc pitstop overdrive and this is the link to the page with the results Click here I know there is a things i need to update like the drivers but i didnt know if i should do those yet or wait for eather rshaffer or phill to tell me to do it

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Also I noramlly use firefox but when i started my windows explorer to do the pc pitstop overdrive and this little box poped up in the bottom right corner that says that internet explorer cant find the webpage idk how to get that to go away or what that even is im attaching a screen shot of it so you can understand what im saying

Attached Thumbnails

• screen.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sound, Video and network drivers all need to be updated.
I did see you have both MSE and CA installed for AV's. Personally I would uninstall CA and keep MSE.
Phill may have some thought on this also so please wait till he chimes in to make sure what he says.
For now I'll deal with the drivers that need to be updated.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your link to PC Pit Stop results page worked great for me. :thumbsup:

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
OK so im going to have to get all of the drivers that drivemax is saying is out of date or is there any i need to not do? also the computer has 36 important updates need and 23 optional ones needed do i need to install those now or wait?