Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just checking

• Please log in to reply

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

So as not to muddy the waters so to speak I will only pitch in if rshaffer61 is offline and i can help with a question or a suggestion.

Just a FYI the program detailed below is deemed adware by some as it installs automatic software updates without you knowing + I have also read that it gathers and reports information about your system;
WildTangent Games App (HP Games) (4.0.5.14) WildTangent 6/22/11

Please see http://www.mywot.com...wildtangent.com

I have uninstalled wildtangent games...I am also trying to get all the drivermaxx drivers still and theres a few more updates im doing. Is there any other programs or anything that I need to uninstall?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not till after all updates are done and we are sure everything is running good at that point. How is the system running now with the updates you have installed?

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
So I was trying to install the driver ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series and a message poped up i took a screen shot of it im going to attach it so you can see it and let me know what i should do.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try installing it again. If it happens again then you may need to redownload it as it may have been a faulty download causing it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
JoanneFrazier can I ask when my son gets there can you ask him to call me please. :whistling:

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Well I just restarted the computer after it installed the 4 updates that the computer had once it restarted the blue box that says for best picture quality change resolution to 1680x1050 when i went into my display settings the best it had was 1600x1200 there wasnt a 1680x1050.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Next time the popup happens get a screenshot of it and attach it to your next reply. It has to be a program that is asking for the resolution as the OS doesn't care unless the performance settings are set to have windows manage them.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have tried to get a screen shot of it but every time I try it doesnt get the blue box it will just get everything else thats on the desktop i will try if it does. I just got drivermaxx pro so i can get all these drivers done today.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK take care of the drivers and then see if you can type out the entire popup message on something like notepad. Then copy and paste the whole message. I doubt this is going to tell me anything but it's worth a try at this point.
Congrats for getting the pro version of DriverMax. I'm still working on getting a years subscription myself.

JoanneFrazier

JoanneFrazier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
My computer is now up-to-date with the drivers and the updates that the computer has. The blue message box about the screen resolution has not popped back up. I am thinking that it is gone now with the updated drivers. I cant be completely sure I will watch the computer for the next few days to figure out if it is gone completely. Thank you so much for your help. Is there anything I need to do so that you guys can check the computer over again to make sure everything is off of it that doesn't need to be there? The computer is running alot better now also seems to be running quieter then it used to I wonder if all the drivers being out of date might have been stopping it from doing what was needed to keep the computer running at optimal speed now. Thank you both again for the help really thank you both alot.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The only other thing I would suggest is opening the case and making sure all those ruthless dust bunnies are evicted from inside. That will help alot with the system running cooler. The cooler it runs the faster it will run also.