Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win98se won't shutdown

• Please log in to reply

six_brixs

six_brixs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My pc won't shutdown, i have tried disabling software one by one, i have used every tool in the windows box, i have installed system mechanic 4 and used all the tools there, i have reinstalled windows98se over the top of the previous installation but all this is to no avail, i still hang forever on shutdown. ihave deleted windows update from add/remove program and downloaded them again as a program called belarc advisor advised me that i should reinstall some update that are not available to me so far as i have searched for them through all ussual means and in all the ussual places. AND STILL WIN98SE WILL NOT SHUTDOWN
i AM a tolerant, patient and understanding person but i am going to do something nasty to my pc if i cannot find a cure!

please help me, i'll answer any questions asap if it will fix this problem, seems like such a simple and straight forward problem but i keep pulling the threads and all i get is a pile of string!!

help me i am loosing my mind
:) :tazz: :) ;) :) :) ;) :) :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
http://www.microsoft...8SE/Default.asp

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Win98SE shutdown problems are many and well-documented..

Pip gave you the most common fix but This Page will give you a variety of causes and fixes!!

Murray

six_brixs

six_brixs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you for your quick response to my situation. unfortunately the link you supplied and that i installed without a problem, to my surprise and dismay, failed to cure my dilemma. i am sure you were confident that this fix would help me and if you can think of a reason why it wouldn't work i would be most grateful as this is the closest i have come to a solution!
:tazz: ;)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Did you try the "link" I sent??

Murray