Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing in Acrobat 7 - blank pages after page 50

• Please log in to reply

jcallis

jcallis

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Using acrobat pro 7.01

Have documents built entirely out of hires bitmaps - one per page
When printing will get about 50 or so pages out and then all following pages will be blank. Will go back and print where they dropped off and they will come out fine for 50 or so pages again.

This does not happen with same file when printing out of acrobat 6
All pages will print fine at one time.

Have noticed in task manager during printing the memory usage will increase to where virtually nothing is left. The machine has 1GB of ram and no other apps are running.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

John

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to adobe.com and see if there are any patches or update available. you may have to contact adobe support.

jcallis

jcallis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the response.

Have tried that. They contend the tiff files are corrupt. This is hard for me to accept seeing how all pages will print if done in small batches, or from acrobat 6. Seems if a file was corrupt the offending page would not be able to be printed.

How do you go about checking the accuracy of a tif anyway?

John

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
corrupted.... right... (insert sarcasm).

if it prints fine in acrobat 6 but not 7 then it leaves you 2 options. install acrobat 6 reader or print in small batches.

Probably it isn't a common error yet, so not enough people have complained for them to have fixed/investigated yet.

I have had this issue with older versions (v4) with large documents in general. This would happen especially if the user didn't have enough ram to spool the document in memory. The system you are printing from should have at least 256megs or ram. I would actually recommend 512 or more. especially if you do lots of graphics work on that system.

now the only time I have seen a tiff file get corrupt (it showed the same error) was one that was provided by corp. comm. as a letter header. It would print updside down but showed up corretly in the print view. Once they resent her the file it was ok. However I don't think this applies in your situation.