- It takes around 5 minutes to reach the point where I enter my password and another 5 minutes to reach my desktop
- The desktop is plain white with no icons/start up/taskbars. My wallpaper was plain white like this one, so this maybe my wallpaper!
- The Windows Task Manager runs. It DOES have explorer.exe running!! But it cant open C:/
- "SMAUDIO - Could not find Contexant audio deice, applocation cannot run properly" message comes after every startup
- A roxiowatchtray.exe C++ error msg or something like that used to come. I unchecked RoxWatchTray.10 in System Configuration utility. Hence, this error msg no longer comes.
I tried running in safemode, IT DID NORMALLY!! All the files and prgorams were there safely!!
I consulted other forums and was asked to carry ouy the following steps which i did:
1. Used without the battery, only on power supply
2. Was asked to follow this " Type Regedit on the run task, then located this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Option\Explorer.exe <<<--- Delete this folder and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\iexplorer.exe"
I COULD NOT find those files at those locations was hence asked to delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software >> Microsoft >> Windows NT >> Current Version >> Winlogon' shell" Which I DID
3. Installed Internet Explorer8 in safemode hoping its inbuit malware remover will remove malwares if there are any!
5. Installed "JV16 PoweTools" and fixed my registry files.
STILL the problem has not been solved!! The Windows XP im using is a genuine one But i have never done a back up so im against doing a system restore!
Can someone please help me so I can get my laptop and its files back!!
Thanks in advance!!