Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer kills router

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi,

Whenever I visit my mother and connect to the WiFi, the router resets itself, knocking everyone out of the network for a minute or two.

I am running a brand new Dell Vostro v131 running Win 7 64bit. The other members of my family use 32bit Win XP and Vista.

The router is a Thomson TG585 v8 connected to PlusNet, full specs below.

Thomson Gateway

Information

Product Name: TG585 v8
Serial Number: CP1028TF4B9
Software Release: 8.2.7.7

Configuration

Service Name: Routed PPPoA on 0/38 (modified by user)
Date & Time: Sat, 14-Apr-2012 12:20:13+00:00

Edited by tiroshii, 14 April 2012 - 05:24 AM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi tiroshii,

That router Thomson TG585 v8 has a large history of various issues of one thing or another. Some recommendations are to up-date the firmware from the manufactures site, or try redoing all the router settings including security. From my search observations, I'd strongly consider replacing it, if mom would consider that for you.

I searched these key words Thomson TG585 v8 issues. I invite you to conduct a search yourself, Just to see some of the issues reported with the Thomson TG585 v8 router.

Joe