Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using the Editor Here, Have Firefox, With Addons

• Please log in to reply

blueblue

blueblue

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hi all, I have a strange problem, and it seems I'm the only one. If I can't figure this out I can't use this site with FF. Here's the situation:

I have addons for Firefox, which I disabled so I could see the full editor including emoticons and options for color for text, but I still can't get it to work, even when I input BBCode. The main problem is with line spacing, even without writing code, it doesn't always work. I looked at NoScript and allowed all the sites that seem to be associated with G2G, to get the full editor to be completely visible. There's another option I may have to try, but was hesitant to, though now that I have Sandboxie, it might be ok. The sandbox prevents programs from making chaanges to the computer without my permission. (I think I explained that right)

There's something called "clear click protection" in NoScript, which perhaps is interfering with the editor.

What really baffles me is, I've been on other sites that use BBCode, and have no trouble using their editor, never have to play with settings, as long as I allow whatever controls the editor, to run. Even the BBCode editor I downloaded doesn't help with the line spacing sometimes. I'm writing this without code, except for 2 emoticons. I hope the line spacing works this time. I even looked up BBCode sites, couldn't find anything like the br command I know from HTML. Pressing enter more than once doesn't always do it either. This has never happened to me in all my years being online.

I can see a small green curved line under the editor, a few spaces down, clicked on it but nothing happens. This is where I assumethe rest of the options for the full editor is, but I can't be sure.

Even without the sandbox, the problems still persists. Another problem with the sandbox is, I can't use the G2G chat with it, but that's not as important as my immediate concerns.

If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. This is affecting my work at GeekU, too. I may have to try IE if nothing else works. I don't feel safe with IE, haven't used it in many years, so I hope the Sandbox will protect me. Somewhere I think I saw a similar program to NoScript for IE but it's not as good. If I can't figure any of this out, I have no business studying to be a geek. I was told to figure it out, but, if I could do that, wouldn't I already have done so? :(

What's really strange also is, when I edit my work, the editor shows HTML code! Very interesting.

Any ideas? I came here to learn. All I need is a little help.

Sincerely, blueblue :blush:

Advertisements

blueblue

blueblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hello I have figured it out somewhat, though I wasn't using the full editor and sometimes it still gave me the line break. Anyway, I peeked at the full editor and tried it there, though I can't see all the options, and it seems to work to do the line breaks. Then, to save time, I put my name in my signature so I don't have to keep writing it. I still have the problem with not seeing all the options with the full editor.

Oh well. :(