Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Screen Problems.

• Please log in to reply

Danny O'Rourke

Danny O'Rourke

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
OK, whats happening is after i connect up the second monitor via VGA, (primary monitor is DVI)all tutorial's say go to display settings and alter from there where it should have a picture of two monitors, one with a number 1 and the other with a number 2.

if you look at the attachment you will see what i mean by i don't get given that choice, is there a patch or something i may download to rectify this problem? I'm running Windows XP Pro' version 2002, service pack 3. if that is any help at all.

Attached Files

Edited by Danny O'Rourke, 15 April 2012 - 01:12 PM.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
You should be able to access that option by either:

-Pressing Ctrl Alt F12 keys simultaneously
-Right-clicking the Windows* desktop and selecting Graphics Properties
-Opening Windows* Display Control Panel and selecting Settings > Advanced > Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile > Graphics Properties

Hope this helps

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Hello Danny O'Rourke,

Is there any chance that you can go to your device manager and take a look in the Monitors section.

Start > Run > then type the following and press enter:

devmgmt.msc

Expand the arrow next to monitors and tell me if you see 2 devices listed under it.

Danny O'Rourke

Danny O'Rourke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
yes, i have a default monitor that is as normal, then a plug and play monitor that has a red cross.

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Hmm. Now the question is what happens when you Right-Click on that entry? Is there any option to enable or anything else like that?

Danny O'Rourke

Danny O'Rourke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
yes, i have enabled it but it still only gives me an option to have a dual clone screen as the first attachment showed, the next few attachments are the other options i can access that i have found.

1.JPG
2.JPG

Danny O'Rourke

Danny O'Rourke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
after looking it up on the net I've found the part I'm missing, I don't get the multiple screen options during settings which should be there like the attachment has

3.JPG