Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

GeekU Memeber having trouble with site

• Please log in to reply

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
I opened a topic in the GeekU help folder and got no resonse, so I'm trying here. This is the link to the GeekU posting http://www.geekstogo...ith-my-account/

And. here is the text of the post and a description of the problem...

Apologies in advance for posting this in what is likely the wrong place, but I'm really struggling with my account and the GeekU area is the only place I can post. Also, and more importantly, the the reason I'm posting is because I can't PM either.

This is the error that I'm getting.

[#10223] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

I used to be able to PM and now I can't nor can I read my old PM's. The only thing I've done to my account recently is change the email address associated with this account.

Thank you!!

Biscuithd

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try going to the bottom of this page on the left and click Delete my cookies. Then try to use the option again.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Try going to the bottom of this page on the left and click Delete my cookies. Then try to use the option again.

I tried the Delete my cookies option. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem.
Like said, I seemed to have cause this problem by changing the email address associated with my account. Unfortunately, changing the email back to the original address doesn't fix the problem. Is there any magic you can do to the account as an Admin that might fix this? Perhaps if you delete my email address and re-add it again?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have mentioned to have a admin look at the issue for you so give them a little bit to get to you.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Got it! Thanks for the help!!

Changed email addressed again and then reset each personal setting. Logged out and back in, viola! All better!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear and that everything is working correctly now. :thumbsup: