Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

curvy Object warning?

• Please log in to reply

nrage40

nrage40

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Today I hooked up a new router and ran into a problem that I have never heard of. The router is a Cisco Linksys E2500, followed the directions on the Setup CD and it loaded up their app Cisco Connect and was online pretty quickly. So I go to register the product for warranty, etc. and on the registration web page I get a warning that says this:

curvy Object warning:
zero-width box with no accountable parent
tag:INPUT
id:random Val
class:curvy Ignore
Parent tag: DIV

after I close that warning it makes everything on the page disappear except for some text. I couldn't register, change my password or do anything but go to a different web page from their website which if they had anything like adding information, downloading,etc. was basically affected by the same issue. I ran antivirus (AVG), AntiSpyware and checked the registry with CCleaner, nothing showed up. I then uninstalled everything and redid everything over and same problem showed up, I called their Tech Support which was an outsourced to India confusion outfit that told me in the voice of Apu that of course there must be something wrong with my computer, it had nothing to do with them, they can't help me sorry ( I didn't expect anything else really but thought I shouldat least attempt). I am on a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista home premium (32bit), have roadrunner standard and did nothing else on my computer that day except uninstall Netgear items associated with Netgear router I was previously using. Is there anyone that have heard of this before, is this a problem with their software or did I do something? Oh I haven't encountered this showing up anywhere else on the internet yet or on my laptop (hope it stays that way). I just don't know what to do if I can't register for my warranty except to go back to Walmart and return it. Any info will be greatly appreciated,
Thank you,
nrage40

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
The error comes from something called CurvyCorners http://www.curvycorners.net/
It's a website problem. Sometimes it will work better if you use a different browser. If using IE try Firefox or Chrome. If not using IE try it.

Ron

nrage40

nrage40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you RKinner , I appreciate your reply. I did just that and you were right. Explorer wouldn't work on it. I used Firefox and had no problem at all with it, wish I would of tried that to begin with,lol. I wasn't sure what category to put this under or at the time it was a browser problem or I wouldn't have put it here.

Anyway thanks again,
nrage40