Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email distribution and excel spreadsheet reporting

• Please log in to reply

PresMatt

PresMatt

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have two seperate things I would like to do. I'll start with the purely e-mail item first. This may be beyond the scope of the internt of services, but perhaps someone could point me in a good direction if help isn't available!

Here is the scenario... I have a shared mailbox that around 50 people can see/access with additional mailboxes inside of that with each persons name on it. I distribute out the emails we recieve evenly over the group in order from top to bottom, however this is a little tedious and time consuming. Would it be possible to somehow have outlook automatically distribute the emails through the group going from top to bottom, each person getting one email and then, when at the bottom, start again at the top? Also, would there be an easy way to restrict someones inbox from recieving an email temporarily?

The next questions really belongs elsewhere but since it ties in with this I'll also place it here.

If I wanted to track the total number of emails that went into the shared mailbox mentioned above and if I also wanted to track the number of emails that went into each persons inbox, would there be a way to have this done with excel?

Any help/advice/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements