Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook 2011 Duplicates and Refreshes Tasks...HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Jkith

Jkith

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

I just upgraded to Outlook 2011 for Mac Service Pack 2.

All is working great Except the Tasks Window. It constantly refreshes (every 10sec or so) and creates duplicates every time it refreshes. It is very annoying and reduces productivity dramatically. PLEASE HELP!!

Here is a screen shot of the tasks. The dark orange ones are the regular ones, all the others are duplicates!!

Others i know are also having this problem,...but it doesn't seem to be totally wide spread.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Jkith! Welcome to G2G!

I would give the solution at the link below a try and see if it helps:

http://answers.micro...c1-295753bb2950

****Just saw you have a Mac. I don't know where to find that information on a Mac, but I'm guess there is something similar, you just need to locate it.

Edited by Fenor, 20 April 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Jkith

Jkith

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the link Fenor...

Although I do not think this applies to the Mac. I also asked on the Microsoft Support website and this is the answer they gave me and it worked, just in case others might have the same problem. Rebuilding the Database worked, and it was relatively painless.

Quick question,.....Is this site mainly for Windows Users?

Hello Jkith,
Duplication of items and tasks having no due date are many time caused by synchronization with outside devices or applications.
Are you syncing Outlook with any devices or applications?
If not then there is likely corruption in the data file and you may need to rebuild the database.
Here is an article on how to rebuild the Outlook database.
Rebuild the Outlook for Mac 2011 database to resolve problems
I hope this helps.
Tammy.M

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Quick question,.....Is this site mainly for Windows Users?

Not really. I just don't know how to read very well. :)