Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help plz

• Please log in to reply

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok so my brother plays on the computer way to much so my mom put a pass word on the ocmputer which is great then she added a timmer for his accoutn so it turns off after 1 hour. thats great to then he went into the setup/bios and changed the system time to make the ocmputer think it was a differeent day so he got more time but i put a passwored on the bios/setup. now he has figured out something else but i don't know what it is its not the bios/setup and its not his account and it has no timer. it can create new accounts and stuff but its not the administrator. so what did he do? i caught a glimpsse of what he was in and the wallpaper was all black andt the start menu and task bar was all grey. i think he went into the boot menu or somehtintg because everythign else is password protected. so what can i do to keep him from doing this?!?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
With someone as determined and apparently with some degree of knowledge - very little

What is your mother`s view on this.

As an aside Incorrect system time causes all manner of problems.

As to the black and grey - it was I think Safe Mode.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would agree that it is Safe Mode and because it is the Administrator then it has full access to everything.
Not to sound rude but what about just taking the power cord off it and unless he is supervised he shouldn't be on it.
:thumbsup:

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
kk i figured it was safemode so theirs nothing i can do about that?
well guess ill just take the power cord until he can behave himself. thanks

and hi Rshaffer thanks for my other problem "upgarding a dell optiplex gx 270 graphics card"
:P
PS: everything is working great witht he new card and RAm.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear and sadly it only takes one that doesn't behave to cause issues with a system. Maybe think about him getting his own system. You can get a bare bones system for about 300 now not counting the OS.
Pawn shops work great also for a system he can use but you have to be careful to make sure it has the right hardware for what he wants to do.