Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

home project Server with 2 or 3 displays.

• Please log in to reply

DasPolo

DasPolo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am not sure what forum this should go under but I have a pretty big project that I want to do for my house. I am computer literate (for the most part.) what I am looking to do is this, I want to have a sever (no biggy, I will use my regular desktop for it.) and have 2 or 3 Tablets or display monitors (touch screen) linked to my “server”, where they all can be linked to the video security system, as well as each can have internet. My vision is to have one in the kitchen and one upstairs to where if someone comes to the gate we can see who is there and open the gate without going to the “sever” to find out who it is. (same situation for the upstairs tablet / display monitor) but will also be able to get on the internet to look up recipes while cooking or watch a movie from the “sever” while cooking. Preferably wirelessly since my walls are about 2 foot thick. Any help or pointed in the right directions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

mbond65

mbond65

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Configure your server as a TS and then RDP in using a third party program on your tablets. Create a username and password for each individual tablet and then when you log in, set up the TS profile's to have a security camera feed link or configure a logon script to run the feed upon log in ?