Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

i-tunes will not connect to store

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently needed to return my laptop to factory settings as it was running very slowly.

Once completed I loaded common use programmes back on, like 'word' as well as 'i-tunes'. Once i-tunes was installed I tried to connect to the store but without success, the following message was displayed 'I-tunes could not connect to the i-tunes store. The network connection was refused'.

I am able to connect to the internet and I am able to access the store on all other formats, i.e - i-phone & i-pad.

I have already searched forums on this issue and have tried turning off Windows firewall as well as deleting the DNS cache (i think thats right what it was anyway).

I am operating Windows Vista have had i-tunes operating perfectly on this laptop before returning it to factory settings am a little frustrated as to why it won't connect now.

I am not computer minded and I dont understand some of the abbreviations used on some forums, if you are kind enough to reply to this post please bear this in mind.

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Season123t! Welcome to G2G!

Since you said you just returned your computer to factory settings, I am guessing that some security software is installed on there (be it Norton, McAfee or some other one) and that is most likely blocking the connection.

Do you know what security software is installed? If you don't, go to START-->Control Panel and then 'Programs and Features' and check the list for any type of security software, and post back here with that information.