Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLOCKED HOTMAIL ACCOUNT-RESET MAIL NOT RECEIVED

• Please log in to reply

Reuven

Reuven

• Pip
  • 3 posts
BLOCKED HOTMAIL ACCOUNT-PROMISED LINK FOR RESETTING PASSWORD WAS NOT RECEIVED
My hotmail account which I use since 1998) has been blocked. I have submitted the info required to reset my password and got the following message from hotmail:

Congratulations! The information you submitted has been verified and a link to reset your password has been sent to this email address. The link to reset your password can only be used once and will expire in 3 days.

HOWEVER I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE MAIL THAT WAS PROMISED ON MY ALTERNATE EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE HELP

Reuven Orr

Advertisements

Nathan

Nathan

• PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
What does it say for it to be "blocked"?

Reuven

Reuven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it was blocked due to too many attempts for logging in with wrong password. which is nonesense as I use the same password for ages...

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Hello Reuven ,

Lets start a list of things to check and consider:

• Verify the keys on your keyboard are working correctly. You can do this by opening a notepad or a word document and typing characters into it. Type your password on the document to verify that all character show up properly. Erase the contents of this document after, do not save it or upload it anywhere.
  • Someone may have accessed your account besides you. The account being locked is a security feature to keep someone from guessing your password.
  • But before we assume this, check the web address in the address bar. Is it something similar to hotmail.com or live.windows.com or is it something different?
  • Try accessing your e-mail from another computer. Can you get access?
  • On your alternate e-mail, check your Spam/Junk folder for the password reset link. A lot of times they can end up in those folders

Keep us posted. We await your reply. :happy:

Reuven

Reuven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have submitted the verification info for the second time and got under the heading "Windows Live ID Account Recovery Request was submitted for... " the reply:
We have received your Windows Live account recovery request for the account [email protected]. Your issue number for this request is 37663878.
In order to help you as quickly as possible, your previously submitted issue 37519101 has been closed.

We will review the answers you submitted using the Windows Live account recovery form. You will receive an email to this email address regarding the result of your request. If we can verify that you are the account owner, you will receive a link to reset your password. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for us to review the information you submitted.

MORE THAN 24 HOURS PASSED AND THERE IS NO FURTHER RESPONSE. FRUSTRATING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO?
Thanks
Reuven Orr

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
You can e-mail a member of their support team and explain your situation just as you did on here. Sometimes they have a number you can reach them by telephone. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Good luck.

Amanda18

Amanda18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hy! I got a message from Hotmail the following: Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support.

We have received your Microsoft Account recovery request for (dog_under_,,,hotmail) Your issue number for this request is 52403339.

Once we have reviewed the answers you submitted we will update you on the status of your request at this email address. If we can verify that you are the account owner you will receive a link to reset your password.

Please note that due to high volumes, it may take 5 to 7 days for us to review the information you submitted. Issues are being processed in the order in which they were received.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will respond as soon as possible to your request.

AND AFTER THIS EMAIL I GOT THIS ONE::

We recently received a request to recover your account Microsoft account dog_under,,,@hotmail.com. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership of this account using the information you provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.
------
---------WHAT SHOULD I DOO???

What is issue number? And how can i acces my hotmail account with issue number? OH MY GOD PLS HELP!!!

Edited by Amanda18, 31 August 2012 - 02:05 AM.