Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No boot

• Please log in to reply

graisbeck

graisbeck

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

I recently bought an Acer Aspire 5733 running Windows 7. Last night I shut it down properly as usual and this morning I went to boot it up and got nothing. Well I say nothing, the fan was running but thats it. Nothing at all on the screen just totally black. The hard drive didn't kick in either. After about 8 seconds it went off and tried to start again by its self, but again nothing happened.
I've tried removing the battery and pluging in the mains to try and boot, but still nothing. I've also tried removing the RAM and the hard drive then tried to boot but nothing again.

Any more ideas please?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If you just bought it, I would contact Acer, or the store you got it from, as it still has to be under warranty, so there is no point in you trying to fix it yourself and possibly voiding the warranty.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would agree. If it is still under warranty then let them fix it at no cost to you. That will stop any future issues in case it is a hardware issue.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,007 posts
Hi graisbeck

Just to echo the above really but also to let you know that this is a recognised problem with this model and the apparent solution if for Acer to replace the MB, I would provide a link to the most informative site that I found but they do not have the same level of forum etiquette as we expect at GTG so I can only suggest that you google Acer Aspire 5733 issues or black screen for example, you will find all of the information that I did, good luck with it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 26 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

graisbeck

graisbeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

I returned the machine to Acer under the warranty. About 7 days after they collected it, they sent it back with a note saying it was a MB fault and it had been replaced.
Thanks to all who gave their advice :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is good to know they replaced the mb under warranty. Thanks for letting us know you got it all resolved. please let us know if we can help you further. :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,007 posts

That is good to know they replaced the mb under warranty. Thanks for letting us know you got it all resolved. please let us know if we can help you further. :thumbsup:

Ditto :thumbsup:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad to see you were able to get it replaced, and that everything is now working properly! :thumbsup: