Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring Windows 7 to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Give GPARTED-live a try. Gparted will allow you to work on the partitions outside of Windows. The file download and instructions are at the page I linked you to.

This will have to be burned as an iso image. If you do not have software capable of burning iso images, ImgBurn is a free application that can burn them for you.

It's becoming quite obvious that Windows doesn't want to do the partitioning... :blink:

Advertisements

Sirius Black

Sirius Black

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I will give this a try. Busy weekend. I'll reply in a few days with results.
Thanks

Sirius Black

Sirius Black

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Somehow I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong with the GPARTED-live.
Ive already burned 3 cds and tried mounting it onto my Virtual clone drive but it doesnt show up as a program I can install.
What Im seeing is simply a folder with its extracted contents.
I realize it is an "iso" file but after sending it to Nero to burn as a data disc I still am seeing the same extracted folder.
Am I doing something wrong here?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I realize it is an "iso" file but after sending it to Nero to burn as a data disc I still am seeing the same extracted folder.
Am I doing something wrong here?

You don't burn it as a data file because it won't be bootable then and you don't open it in windows.
Use Image burn to choose the ISO file and burn the image to a disc. Then reboot allowing the cdrom to be the first boot device. Once the system boots to the ISO then you can do what you need to do.