Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NETINTELLIGENCE REMOVAL

• Please log in to reply

HALO10

HALO10

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi there,

I really hope somebody can help because this problem has been going on for around a year now and the laptop can't be used.

My son got a home access laptop from comet with net intelligence on it. After a while we decided that it was blocking to many sites and was actually more of a hindrence than a help. As is the case, i can't just simply uninstall it without a password. Emailed net intelligence for it and was told as the first year is up i will have to pay to join! unless i do they won't give me the password. As home access isn't available anymore comet won't help either.

Been looking through some similar topics and the only one that seemed to work was using autorun (not sure how). If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated as my son is going up to secondary school this year and will need his laptop.

Many thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Halo10.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :thumbsup:
:ph34r: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.
  • If you are receiving assistance in any other forum site please let us know as there may be conflicting advice given.

Before we can help you need to provide the following so I can start you in the right direction.
Laptop or Desktop?
  • If a name brand system then what brand, make and model is the system?
  • If custom built then what brand, make and model is the motherboard
  • Total memory installed
  • Total hard drive capacity and free space
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue

Autoruns is used to stop programs from auto starting so if that is what you are talking about I am including the instructions below. I will then advise you of the entries you can uncheck with my second post.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi

Thanks so much for your help. I'll try my best to follow your instructions.

It's a laptop

toshiba,satellite proL450D-12X.

RAM 1.00 GB (766 Usable)

I originally tried to uninstall it the usual way,right clicking on the program in the control centre but it just asks for a password which i cannot get. I have tried. After that i tried going into the netintelligence program file and actually moving the application liteclient and liteclient AM into a different folder to disrupt the pathway but all that happened was now we can't get onto the internet at all.
Then i tried to restore the system as far back as i could but it said it couldn't perform this. So now i'm stuck.

Should i put the application back into the netintelligence folder before we begin??

Kind regards

Hayley

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Nearly forgot. Autoruns txt file attached.

x

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I think I finally found the culprit.
Open Autoruns again and scroll down till you find this at the bottom of the list.

"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries" "" "" ""

and UN-check following entries:
+ "NIHLSP" "NetIntelligence LSP" "iomart Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "NIHLSP over [MSAFD Tcpip [RAW/IP]]" "NetIntelligence LSP" "iomart Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "NIHLSP over [MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]]" "NetIntelligence LSP" "iomart Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "NIHLSP over [MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]]" "NetIntelligence LSP" "iomart Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hiya
Just found them. Although a message came up saying cannot be disabled. Only deletion is supported. So i deleted them. Now the laptop won't start. It gets as far as password page then shuts down again.

Was that a big no no?!

Help!!

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi again

It's finally stopped retarting itself and i can get logged in. Problem is netintelligence is still starting straight up and we can't access anything still. :confused:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK lets try Revo Unistaller and see if we can find it that way. It still has to be hiding somewhere.

Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi again.

I did what you suggested and the laptop just keeps restarting itself! It doesn't even give me chance to log in. Just gets to the password page and straight away starts shutting down and restarting again. :help: It must have done this about fifty times in the last couple of hours.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then what we need to do is return it to the configuration that works.

Reboot and start tapping the F8 key. That should get you to the Advance Boot Menu There use your arrow key and scroll down to the line that says Last Known Good Configuration That Worked and highlight it.
Click Enter and the system will reboot. Let me know if it then goes into windows.
If not repeat the steps except this time highlight the line that says Safe Mode With networking and click Enter Does the laptop then boot into windows?

Advertisements

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
OK.

Last known good configuration that worked didn't change anything but it has booted into windows using safe mode with networking.

What next??

:thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so did it work in Last know or not?
Your statement is a little confusing for me...Sorry

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
:lol: Sorry. I confuse myself sometimes!

No, it didn't work in last known.

In your previous post you said if last known didn't work to try it in safe mode with networking. The windows menu is up now.

Do i need to do anything else?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well now since it came up in Safe mode I suspect either a driver or a service causing the booting issue. So lets start with the drivers or startups.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything and restart.
IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

HALO10

HALO10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi

Sorry i've taken so long getting back to you.

I unchecked everything like you said but the same thing keeps happening.Just keeps restarting itself.