Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 and triple screen

• Please log in to reply

peageus

peageus

• Pip
  • 4 posts
OK, I am running dual screen at the moment but want to take it that step further, got a NVIDIA 210 graphics card installed now that has a DVI, VGA and HDMI connections from it (only using DVI and VGA). there are two other connections further up a male VGA and a female VGA that don't do anything as far as I can tell, I tried plugging a third monitor via a male to male VGA cable, but that hasn't worked, I assume I will have to buy a second graphics card to add other screens. my main question comes as this, do I have to get another graphics card or can I just active the other VGA inputs that are there already, and if I do have to buy a second graphics card will it have to be another NVIDIA geforce 210 or can it just be a cheap graphics card to enable the third screen? if anybody could help and save me from buying another Graphics card it would be much appreciated.

Image is of back of pc showing input locations
back of pc.jpg

Advertisements

peageus

peageus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
can nobody help me at all with this??

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please be patient and one of our members or staff who are familiar with your issue will be with you. Your topic is just over a hour old and it is a weekend so many will not be around right now.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
triple monitor setup info here..

peageus

peageus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
update on the situation, i have the option in display settings as the attachment shows, but it still wont let me have the third monitor running with the others, any ideas? DVI VGA and HDMI inputs being used, adaptor from DVI to HDMI port :)

3 pc setup.png

peageus

peageus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
having dug around a little bit further, I have found that the GPU can only handle 2 monitors, to add another monitor am I really going to have to buy another graphics card or USB to VGA or similar device?

mbond65

mbond65

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Your computer will not be running both your Graphics card and your integrated graphics chipset.

You may be able to use a DVI splitter to accomplish running three monitors possibly?

At my workplace we used a DVI splitter for four monitors and the Graphics card definitely isn't a quadro. We only use one DVI input on the physical graphics card