Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removed Security Shield (I think) still detecting another virus [Close

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Madelynn

Madelynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well I had it on the other one too, so both, and more often today than in a month:

==================================================
Dump File : 050112-14617-01.dmp
Crash Time : 5/1/2012 11:22:40 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`0e02a028
Parameter 3 : 00000000`b2000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00010005
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+12a3b
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc80
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050112-14617-01.dmp
Processors Count : 12
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 291,048

Advertisements

Madelynn

Madelynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
another:

Dump File : 050212-16801-01.dmp
Crash Time : 5/2/2012 2:31:33 AM
Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000103
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000008
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000103
Caused By Driver : USBPORT.SYS
Caused By Address : USBPORT.SYS+12aed
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc80
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050212-16801-01.dmp
Processors Count : 12
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 291,016

I never had this many in a month before, but something with disabling and enabling maybe triggered it. I think the drivers might be bad but I don't really know what these messages mean.

Madelynn

Madelynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
one more happened and it didn't produce any info about the crash but i took a screenshot. I haven't installed anything bad on my machine as we just went through cleaning it but here's the bluescreen:

could combofix being installed cause this?

i also saw this link describing my bluescreen. it might be broadcom but again no idea which driver i need and the last time i tried to install the one on the dell page it failed. http://www.sevenforu...sed-buffer.html

Attached Thumbnails

• photo.jpg

Edited by Madelynn, 02 May 2012 - 03:05 AM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hi Madelynn,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. My internet was down all day.
Those certainly are a lot of blue screens. And with varying stop codes. Yep, that problem should have been listed up front. But we think the primary cause is the drivers you have installed or updated. Let's see if we can sort it out.

So first lets get a look at the current state of all your drivers

Update Drivers

• Download and install DriverMax
    Please do not let it install the AVG toolbar during the install
    The free version allows two free downloads per day so that should suffice
  • When the program opens then select driver update
  • You will be taken to a web page
  • Please post the address of the page in your next post and I will determine which would be the best drivers to download

Madelynn

Madelynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey it's no problem. I actually installed this the other day (and at some point before that, since it asked to over-install a folder) because I was desperate to stop this bluescreen issue, but I did accidentally install AVG. The drivers never appeared on a page but in a listing in the app itself. Maybe I'll uninstall it and try again. I see what you mean by the AVG thing, I didn't notice at first until I rebooted today to come to this site, that it sets as my home page like searchya! was doing, but to AVG.

Edited by Madelynn, 03 May 2012 - 02:55 PM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hi Madelynn,

Could you post screenshots of the drivers that DriverMax shows please?

Madelynn

Madelynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey godawgs, I actually removed it because for some reason it gave no option to not install that avg search it. When you go to install it it just selects a directory and installs. I saw on another site, there was two options, but I am not getting those. Wasn't there a panda something named program that did this before?

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hi Madelynn,

I think you get the option to install the AVG toolbar only when you run the DriverMax install file, Drivermax.exe. Either way, even if you have to install the AVG tool bar we need to see the current state of the drivers on the system. I haven't looked but if you have to install the toolbar, you may be able to find AVG Toolbar in your add/remove programs to uninstall just the toolbar.

Madelynn

Madelynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
actually I tried to install it again on an external HD and it worked without avg. It gives me the same screens and same information I saw yesterday. Some drivers I wouldn't update but the system ones I have no idea. The only webpage url it seems to give is: http://www.drivermax...&iduser=3075004 but that isn't showing what I see, which is:

I think I'd leave Soundblaster alone. I have always had trouble over the years, getting the right driver for me. The one that works with editing audio and also playing games.

Also the Nvidia driver I have, I had the new one but it gave me more problems than it solved so I rolled back.

Razer Naga is fine.

That new Bluescreen, I never saw before. I read it could be clocking issues but Alienware sold the machine as overclocked to me. It worked fine for a few years. Could be memory maybe, some setting I saw in the bios needs to be changed but I don't know what any of that is. Hopefully you can help. I noticed admin rights I always had, since it's my pc, suddenly I don't on the mini.dmp files . it' s crazy I don't know what happened.

Attached Thumbnails

• drivers outdated.jpg
  • bsod2.jpg

Edited by Madelynn, 05 May 2012 - 01:09 PM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hi Madelynn,

You said you bought the computer from Ailenware. That would be a Dell Ailenware laptop gaming computer, is that correct? Please look on the bottom of the computer for a tag with a Service Tag number and an Express Service Code and tell me what they are.

If you don't want to post them on the open forum, send me a PM.

Thanks

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hi Madelynn,

It is a desktop computer. My apoligies. :blush:

You have asked about changing the BIOS. Unless it has been changed somehow the settings shouldn't need to be changed. The problem is more likely to be a driver that needs updating or a new piece of hardware or software has been installed that is causing a conflict. I know you've said that you've done all kind of tests, but have you ever checked the temperatures on the machine?
As for the memory you have, don't install it until you know if it's compatible. Do you know what type of memory it is?

I've found a new driver for the GeForce GTX 480 video card, or GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).

Please go to this page and click the Agree & Download button. The driver should begin downloading and updating.

You also might want to read this article on "Stable Gaming" for some other things to check.

After the driver update, play some games on the system and see if you still have the problem.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.