Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task Manager

• Please log in to reply

gilligan

gilligan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I'm sorry that my message is not in the right topic. My Task Manager show too many processes and it takes to much memory. I just want to know wich ones I can stop.

Here is the list:

sysdoc32.exe 3,820 k
isafe.exe 188 k
svchost.exe 388 k
ccapp.exe 4,112 k
spoolsv.exe 1,476 k
svchost.exe 1,312 k
svchost.exe 15,332 k
svchost.exe 2,248 k
Isass.exe 1,088 k
services.exe 1,600 k
winlogon.exe 596 k
csrss.exe 2,832 k
smss.exe 44 k
vsmon.exe 13,816 k
svchost.exe 1,592 k
System 32 k
System Idle Process 16 k

Thanks a lot

Advertisements

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
You should download Hijackthis and post the log in the Malware forum. You will get better help there.

Ben

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
first thing's last, download SP2 from microsoft updates site...the vsmon.exe is a process used by Zone Alarm. if you shut it down that will go away but it really doesn't look like it's using that much mem. since it isn't using that much really and it's listed as using the most i'm thinking you probably don't have enough mem. in your rig. do a system properties check (right-click my comp-properties) and see how much is listed. you need at least 256 to run XP right and should have 512...if that's not the case check out your virtual memory settings...

gilligan

gilligan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answers. I have Hijackthis and I'll post the log in Malware Forum.

Once more, thanks a lot for you help.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

first thing's last, download SP2 from microsoft updates site...

View Post

We don't recommend downloading SP2 while a user is infected with Malware. That can cause serious trouble!! Please always ask them to wait to get SP2 until we are sure they are free of Malware issues!!
Thanks

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
NOW you tell me!!! :tazz: