Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Office Access 2003 printing 47 pages of just a one page report!

• Please log in to reply

ebbcawana

ebbcawana

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My work has been using Access 2003 to manage a database of our client's information. Recently, I went to print out a report from the database, and now the printer is giving us 47 pages of a report (should be just one page) - that is 46 too many.

I cannot seem to find anywhere in the codes, properties of objects and text, etc to cause this.

Any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks!!!!

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Did you check the printer's set up before printing? Many of the complex printers to day come with software that has its own printer set up for color/font size/number of pages to print/front-back option/etc.. You also might access this from the Print Preview or Print... found under the File menu. The Print... selection usually brings up a print box to set number of pages to be printed.

ebbcawana

ebbcawana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Let me clarify something..... the printer is working fine.

When I run the report (it comes up with a print preview) where there are 47 pages of the same, identical report. If I choose File, Print and then tell it just to print pages 1 to 1 we are fine. However, not all of those working here are that bright and we are wasting a LOT of paper that we cannot reuse.

Thanks!!!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It is against the TOU of this site to help with this matter.

You can click the link or see the quoted text from it below:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

I hope you can understand why we stand fast to this.