Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost and dllhost downloading viruses and slowing CPU and disabling

• Please log in to reply

KidRoleplay

KidRoleplay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yep. Well, it did last time.

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Could you try it again? Just to see ...

KidRoleplay

KidRoleplay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Alright! Did everything but the System Restore point (it wouldn't let me create one for some reason. The buttons remained inactive) and the FileHippo thing (don't think I'll actually need it). MalwareBytes is the actual purchased version, so I'm good there, and I updated Java also. Wondering if I should update my Adobe software also, as I know things used to come in through Acrobat.

Only thing my comp does bad now is boot up slowly, like it always has... But that's not a Malware prob. So... Yeah.

Edited by KidRoleplay, 01 May 2012 - 09:08 PM.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Yeah, do make sue to update your Adobe products as well.

Tell me in details what's going on with the System Restore bit. Any error messages that pop up?

As for the booting delay, you might want to disable any startup and non-Microsoft services that you don't need. Go to Run, type in msconfig, go to services tab, check Hide Microsoft services at the bottom, and uncheck all running services that you don't see a need for. Then go to the Startup tab and disable whatever you feel needs to be disabled.

KidRoleplay

KidRoleplay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
System Restore works now. :o Maybe it just needed me to wait a day...

I removed a good chunk of Startup items and services that were unneeded a while ago to the point that there's hardly anything to disable now. The only thing I can think of is that there may be a lot of hidden start up things possibly going on in my registry or something... Things I don't want to mess with.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Ok, keep in mind that, aside from your security software, not every program you need running needs to automatically start up when your computer's loading the desktop. Disabling their startup does not render them unusable. I'm only speaking of startups here of course. Services are a different story.

Having said that, give this a try and see if it helps.

http://www.tweaking....em_tweaker.html

Edited by Amlak, 02 May 2012 - 06:45 PM.