Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with Facebook

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Friends have been urging me to start a Facebook page, so I finally relented. Now when I try to access my page I am getting this instead (see attachment). What is going on and how do I work around it. I tried deleting Facebook cookies and using different browses, but this still persists. I don't even know what an SMS is and I don't have a mobile phone.

Attached Thumbnails

• SMS Facebook.jpg

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hi debodun,

Sorry late in responding, not a Facebook user, but I found some information below for you.

How do I verify my account if I don't have a phone number?

"Unfortunately, you will not be able to access your Facebook account unless you are able to confirm your identity by receiving a text message or an automated phone call."

http://www.facebook....174586872598825

Also see link below,

http://developers.fa.../blog/post/386/

Why is Facebook asking me to confirm my identity by providing my phone number?

"This is a security measure to help ensure that Facebook remains a community of people using their real identities to connect and share. If you ever lose your password, you’ll also be able to use your mobile number to access your account."

Joe

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
That's too bad.

Edited by debodun, 27 April 2012 - 07:43 AM.