Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet questions aren't addressed in your advisory...

• Please log in to reply

Bill Mcdonald

Bill Mcdonald

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried to go through your tutorial but you've a void there not covered by my question.

I might and probably am being paranoid but... with this political environment I don't think anyone can be sure.

Blem: I do a LOT of writing on various blogs, writings that can be considered critical of the current political administration.

I utilize Xp pro.. 1 gig mem.. Chrome..and Verizon Fios...

I'm getting an incredible amount of pop-ups with "Pages not responding"... I ran a connectivity test via Speedtest.net and the results are: 47 ms, 17.55 mbps and 10.58 upload.

Is there a means to track/trace my path to determine if my posts are being monitored?..

Bill McDonald

Edited by Bill Mcdonald, 25 April 2012 - 09:55 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Is there a means to track/trace my path to determine if my posts are being monitored?..

No, not really. Especially if you suspect a government agency is is behind it. As I'm sure you know, as a US citizen your right to criticize the government and the administration are protected by the first amendment. They also can't monitor (wiretap) the activity of a US citizen without a warrant. If they have a warrant it would be completely transparent. They are able to intercept your activity at the ISP or even DNS level. There would be no pop-ups, or any other detectable activity.

From your description it's difficult to know what your issue may be, but it could be anything from a network issue, intermittent ISP problem, or malware. Since you say there are an incredible amount of popups, malware infection seems the most likely, and a good place to start.