Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio device on high definition audio bus

• Please log in to reply

Tyler Dude

Tyler Dude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So i have a dinosaur cpu that i'm storing music and whatnot on, and to create space i accidentally deleted the audio device on high definition audio bus. I've tried so many things but still cant get the driver installed. My CPU is an acer travelmate 6292 that is running on Windows XP. Please help!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

1. What have you tried please

2. Go device manager please and expand Sound Video and Game Controllers and tell me what is shown please on the devices with warnings on them, that is a red or yellow indicator and also the same please on Other Devices.

3. If you have only just done this - do a system restore to the restore point before this occurrence.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here...get your chipset driver and install it first...if that doesn't fix the audio issue go back and get the audio driver and install it as well

Tyler Dude

Tyler Dude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Welcome to Geeks to Go

1. What have you tried please

2. Go device manager please and expand Sound Video and Game Controllers and tell me what is shown please on the devices with warnings on them, that is a red or yellow indicator and also the same please on Other Devices.

3. If you have only just done this - do a system restore to the restore point before this occurrence.

Ive tried downloading the audio drive, the exact one that the happyrock sent me, but the audio device on high def audio bus still doesn't appear. Ive also downloaded the chipset that happyrock gave to me. When i first downloaded the said audio drive i would get a blue screen, in which i looked up a post to fix, and removed an audio program (im not sooo sure that was a good idea :/).

On the device manager, it shows no red or yellow warnings, but has the following audio:
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drives
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
Video Codecs
There doesnt seem to be an "other devices"
How do you do a system restore?

Edited by Tyler Dude, 01 May 2012 - 06:43 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
So you downloaded the Realtek audio driver is that correct please

This one
Realtek5.10.0.544324.5 MB12/08/2008

http://global-downlo...tep3=TRAVELMATE

On your device manager you should have that shown, if it installed., in addition to the ones you listed.

There is no guarantee that system restore wil work and you will lose anything that was installed or updated AFTER the date of the restore
You go
Start
Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System restore
You then select restore my computer to an earlier time

You then select a restore date BEFORE you commenced that create space exercise.

BEFORE you proceed with this, either trying the driver again or a restore HOW MUCH FREE SPACE do you have on the drive, as if it is less than 10% minimum, you need to create more space before you proceed with anything.