Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Does Anyone Understand AMDX2/Dell Inspiron 1536 Temperature Stability

• Please log in to reply

daba

daba

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Hello there. Thanks for your willingness to help. I don't understand computers but I know what my problems are. First of all, trying to keep the temperature down below 80 is a constant battle. The other week I bought one of those cooler pads and in the first days, it was in the low 60s. Amazing for my machine. Now it's often back in the high 70s (74 right now) and 80s if not 90s when running a scan. I have about 41 processes. I've tried my best using Security Task Manager and Neuber to get rid of anything which is superfluous. I also run the 18kfanGUI v3.1 again in attempt to keep this thing cool. There appears to be no connection between installing or deleting programs (I use Revo Uninstaller)and the temperature; a law unto itself, but logically there must be right? I also notice that at start-up svchost.exe Network Service is as high as 50 (no idea if this is ok or not) but it drops off. What I don't understand is that even after having Advanced System Care optimise RAM before I know it and apparently unconnected to anything specific I might be running bang! it's off into hypersteller temps again. It's a pain in the [bleep] and short of ditching the Dell and buying a Mac (I'm sick of hearing how relatively low maintenance owning one is vs a PC)I would very much appreciate some input on maybe what I could do differently to get this under control. All input thoroughly appreciated. Thank you for yours in advance.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,508 posts
Hi daba,

If you're comfortable removing the cover as illustrated below, It's a start and worth a check.

I might consider checking the Processor Thermal-Cooling Assembly as shown Here for any dust build up. Read information an cautions carefully. A can of compressed air maybe beneficial to remove dust build up if any. I have seen others resolve this issue by doing this on similar models like yours.

Let us know.

Joe

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Just to add to what zep516 has said please avoid using such programs as Advanced System Care as they can and most often do render your system unstable with the resultant suggested fix being that IObit recommend the purchase of one of their products to remedy the issue/s the previous software has caused, for further guidance please see http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html