Create Account Login to Account

wireless card isn't recognized after installing drivers

• Please log in to reply

muddymudkipper

muddymudkipper

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I just got a computer from my friend, it was his uncles. I tried putting in my linksys wireless 54g pci adapter from my old computer. I installed the drivers on it and put it in and it shows a yellow ! mark next to network controller in device manager. I pulled it out and retried installing the drivers then put it in and still get yellow !. I retried this like 5 times. When I go to programs and featuresit shows linksys wireless g pci adapter. So I have no idea what could be wrong. The adapter worked in my old machine with no problem. My dads laptop got the same problem with his internal wireless card around a month or two before. I had stored some files off his flash drive onto my computer before I tried to install the card but I took them off and I dont know what was all there. My computer is running windows 7 professional service pack 1 64 bit. Please help I've been working on this and my dads laptop for months and have gotten nowhere,

Thanks
Tyler

Advertisement

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 6,518 posts
Did you install the Windows 7 driver, not the XP driver?

The latest I could find is here but it doesn't specifically mention Windows 7: Wireless-G PCI Adapter (WMP54G)

If no help, read here: How to install WMP54G Drivers on Windows 7 Beta 64 bit (or Vista 64 bit)

It points to here: Ralink RT2500 Driver which they say works with Win 7 X64. Give it a try.

muddymudkipper

muddymudkipper

• Pip
  • 3 posts
THANK YOU!!! I got it working :thumbsup: . I've posted on 3 other sites and got nowhere. I was trying to instal directly from linksys website and it never showed up after so it must not work on anything past xp. Now I need to fix my dads laptop which is totaly different. :whistling: Anyway sorry for taking a long time to reply, I gave up for awhile :lol: if I need help I'll post a new topic.
Thanks, you saved me from many hours of frustration,
Tyler :cool:

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 6,518 posts
Great that you have it working. Thanks for letting me know.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.