Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

text-enhance issue

• Please log in to reply

wasilla

wasilla

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have a recipe web page (Coleen's Recipes) that I post to about once a week. I noticed that some of the words (in the published page) looked like links that I didn't put there. When you click on those words, it takes you to some web site I've never heard of before. If you just hover your mouse over the uninvited link words, it says powered by text-enhance. I ran virus protection and it said I was ok, I then cleared out my cookie cache and the uninvited links disappeared. How can I stop this text-enhance thing from attaching itself to my web page in the first place? Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,788 posts
  • MVP
I don't see any strange links on your site so I expect you have picked up some adware on your PC.

Download OTL from
http://www.geekstogo...timers-list-it/
and Save it to your desktop.

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.

You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.

wasilla

wasilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I don't see any strange links on your site so I expect you have picked up some adware on your PC.

Download OTL from
http://www.geekstogo...timers-list-it/
and Save it to your desktop.

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.

You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did as you suggested and when it started to download my Norton Antivirus popped up saying the file was a threat called backdoor.graybird and it cancelled the download.

wasilla

wasilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Norton said the file was unsafe.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 19,788 posts
  • MVP
There is nothing wrong with it. I just checked it on virustotal.com and while Norton does flag it, Kaspersky, ESET, Bitdefender, Avast, Avira and AVG do not. Tell Norton to ignore it.