Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail Login Problem

• Please log in to reply

phil2415

phil2415

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Having tried everything imaginable under the sun for many weeks to get this working (and I'm in IT tech support too!) I've finally cracked it. I tried installing scripting, registering .dll's, re-installing IE, changing Internet settings, everything. I could access Hotmail using Firefox (which is now my preferred browser anyway) but there were still things I wanted to be able to use IE for.

All I did was remove the Java Runtime Environment. To do that, I went to the Control Panel, chose 'Add and Remove Programs' and chose to remove Java Runtime Environment Update 2. I didn't even need to remove the original installation (I tried but if failed...).

So there you go folks. If this is driving you to the point of insanity, as it was me, try removing the Java Runtime Environment. It's all good.

Advertisements

sookmaa

sookmaa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I have the same problem and have tried all of the above to no avail. My outlook express retrieves my hotmail just fine. Why won't my browsers do it?
Anymore suggestions? -Thanks. :tazz:

pato_diablo

pato_diablo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a similar problem, but the weird thing is that i can login in hotmail and in msn messenger with one account and with my other hotmail account i only can login to msn messenger and not in hotmail :tazz: the same thing happens in all browser (IE, opera, firefox) and in other pc's, what it's happening? ;)

noclueatall

noclueatall

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I have a similar problem, but the weird thing is that i can login in hotmail and in msn messenger with one account and with my other hotmail account i only can login to msn messenger and not in hotmail  :tazz:  the same thing happens in all browser (IE, opera, firefox) and in other pc's, what it's happening?  ;)

View Post

Finally, someone with my exact same problem too! Since 2 days ago, I've been unable to access my Hotmail account. When I type my login details, the page takes awhile to load and then it's a "cannot find server" page. Initially, I thought it was just my computer, but I've tried logging in with other computers and it's the same issue. However, my other Hotmail accounts work fine. I can "see" my problem accounts email if I login through my.msn.com but still can't read/access any of my emails through that method either. ;)

schef042

schef042

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Finally, someone with my exact same problem too! Since 2 days ago, I've been unable to access my Hotmail account. When I type my login details, the page takes awhile to load and then it's a "cannot find server" page. Initially, I thought it was just my computer, but I've tried logging in with other computers and it's the same issue. However, my other Hotmail accounts work fine. I can "see" my problem accounts email if I login through my.msn.com but still can't read/access any of my emails through that method either. :tazz:

View Post

I am having the same problem too .... anyone know what is going on???? ;)

nudda

nudda

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am also having this problem BUT not with hotmail.COM addresses but only my hotmail.CO.UK address .... there isnt any information anywhere ! Ive followed everything on this thread to no avail. Somone please pleeeeeease help !!

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi all

just had a reply from hotmail siting "server maintenance" as the reason for not being able to access my account. its now been 48hrs, so ive emailed back for clarification on this......

:tazz:

p.s. lets hope that "server maintenance" doesnt include accidentally disabling/deleting our accounts!!

Edited by gandalftheking, 25 July 2005 - 12:26 AM.

Hotmail stinks!

Hotmail stinks!

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah Hotmail hasen't been able to log me in for the past 2 days now. Im thinkin its a server problem, everything else seems to work fine. Its just that [bleep] HOTMAIL! Let's hope those tech monkies are just messing around with the hotmail servers, im not trying to lose my account!

latitude55

latitude55

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well it looks like misery loves company....same problem here since 7/23/2005....can signin into one account but not the other using 2 different ISPs and different PC's....this stinks.

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Well it looks like misery loves company....same problem here since 7/23/2005....can signin into one account but not the other using 2 different ISPs and different PC's....this stinks.

View Post

guys,

see other similar thread re using "tab trick" in firefox or similar to access your hotmail....

Advertisements

latitude55

latitude55

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well the Tab Windows in Firefox worked for me!!!!
Thanks to ALL!!!!

gandalftheking

gandalftheking

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
after a temporary " server upgrade apology" message appeared on the hotmail login earlier this evening, my problem account now seems to be back to normal!

Hotmail stinks!

Hotmail stinks!

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Same here, Hotmail is working fine now. I got that "server upgrade apology" messege as well. Good luck fellaz, hope ur hotmail starts working soon.

mattconoulty

mattconoulty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi...I have been experiencing the same problems & although this is of no help, would it be wrong for me to think that it is a hotmail the website prvider technical problem? Similarly, I was able to momentarily access my hotmail e-mails but again today the same problem exists. Looks like I got to go to G-mail?... any advice on the best e-mail provider alternative? many Thanks for your help & info. Cheers.