Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Update Issue

• Please log in to reply

Shannon McCauley

Shannon McCauley

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I turned my laptop on (Lenovo ThinkPad) and it was fine. My laptop then logged me off while it began installing "windows critical updates". My computer then began to reboot but when it was loading where the windows icon appears and a load bar should be circulating at the bottom, it flashed a blue screen stating some file is missing but it never stays up long enough for me to see what is missing. It then sent me to a black screen that says Start Window Repair (Recommended) or Start Windows Normally. Normal just begins the loop again. Going into the repair it scans my laptop for issues and locates one unidentified issue. I go to advanced options and go System Restore and the only optional restore date is the same as the "critical update". I am looking for a possible way to restore my computer to factory settings using Command Prompt or anything at all. I have no cd as well.

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Are you concerned about any data on your system?

Many laptops come with some form of recovery system that resets the laptop to factory settings, but it differs with each laptop. What's the exact model of your laptop? Maybe that may help.

Otherwise, we could also restore the previous hives and see if that works.

Edited by Amlak, 29 April 2012 - 03:58 AM.

Shannon McCauley

Shannon McCauley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a lenovo ideapad z560. I do not care about the data on my laptop. I simply wish to beable to use it once again. Anything I can do will help.

Shannon McCauley

Shannon McCauley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a lenovo ideapad z560. I do not care about the data on my laptop. I simply wish to beable to use it once again. Anything I can do will help.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Do you have the One key Recovery button at the top of your laptop keyboard?

Shannon McCauley

Shannon McCauley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No I do not have a OneKey Recovery button.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Try out the following link:

http://support.lenov...?DocID=HT035517

If that also doesn't help, let me know.