Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual c++ 2005 and .Net Framework Failure

• Please log in to reply

stroslose

stroslose

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have scanned my computer for virus and malware, but it is clean. I am getting an error code 1935 when trying to install microsoft visual c++ 2005, and I am also having problems with installing the .Net framework. I uninstalled c++ 2005 and tried installing it myself by downloading from microsoft, but that did not work. I removed .net framework using the .net cleanup tool, but was only able to reinstall .net framework 4.0. When I try to reinstall 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 I get an error saying they are already installed, but are not showing up. I am trying to run Lord of the Rings online and that is when I get theses error codes. I have tried everything recommended, but nothing seems to work. I would greatly appreciate any help!! I am wondering if its an issue with Windows update. Thank you!!

I am running Windows 7 Sp1

Edited by stroslose, 29 April 2012 - 01:59 PM.

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Did you remove all versions of .NET when you used the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool?

Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from the following link:
http://majorgeeks.co...ad.php?det=4459

and use it to uninstall Visual C++ 2005 completely and then try again to reinstall. You could also use it remove all traces of .NET Framework (if the first tool fails).

Let me know what happens.

stroslose

stroslose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes I removed all versions with the tool.

None of that worked. I uninstalled c++ 2005 and .net framework. Re-installed c++ 2005, .net 1.1, .net 4.0, and all of the other versions of .net framework would not install. The installer just quit and gave no error message. I still get error message 1935 from c++ when trying to run Lord of the rings online.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Ok, run Command Prompt as Administrator, and type in:

sfc /scannow

and press Enter.

Then let it do its thing. When done, restart and see if anything works.

If nothing is working still, I'd suggest downloading the following tool and giving it a go:

http://www.tweaking....all_in_one.html

stroslose

stroslose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
sfc did not work. I ran tweaking.com Windows repair and c++ seems to function properly but I still am having problems with the .net framework. I only have 1.1 and 4.0 showing up on my system. I cant seem to get 3.5 to install or 1.1 to work. Also now every time I restart I have to fix my mouse settings. I really appreciate your help! Thanks again.

stroslose

stroslose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I take that back, c++ 2005 keeps wanting to reinstall through Microsoft update. I have hidden the update for now, but I dont think it should be doing this.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Download the System Update Readiness Tool. Refer to this link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Make sure you pick the right version for your OS.

Give it a run and, when done, go to the Windows\Logs\CBS\ folder and locate CheckSUR.log

Post its contents here.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
My wife just had this same issue and the only way we could resolve it was to remove all the versions and then start from the beginning and install each in order. Then the last one installed without a problem.

stroslose

stroslose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Here is the log:
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 14.0
2012-04-30 21:21

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 1238
No errors detected

That did not work either. C++ still wants to re-install every time I check for updates and c++ also wants to re-install whenever I run the game.

I did try uninstalling all versions of .net framework and then tried re-installing each one separately. Although I have not tried since I ran tweaking.com Windows repair. I will try again now that I have run that program and see what happens. Thanks for your input and help.

stroslose

stroslose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Now when I try to install .net framework 4.0 I get error code 643 windows update encountered an unknown error. I ran Microsoft's update fixit tool and there were no problems found.

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
This one?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

If not, give it a go.

Also, when you said sfc /scannow didn't work, what did you mean exactly? Did it actually run for a while until it stopped running all of a sudden or what?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I take that back, c++ 2005 keeps wanting to reinstall through Microsoft update.

are you sure its a full install or just a patch

stroslose

stroslose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

I take that back, c++ 2005 keeps wanting to reinstall through Microsoft update.

are you sure its a full install or just a patch

Its a patch, but it keeps trying to install it over and over again. I have to hide it to get update to stop trying to install it.

I also tried running the update fix it tool just suggested by Amlak and I got the following error: Code 8007001F

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
When you said sfc /scannow didn't work, what did you mean exactly? Did it actually run for a while until it stopped running all of a sudden or what?

Do you have the Windows CD. Might have to do a repair install eventually if all else fails.

stroslose

stroslose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I meant that sfc /scannow did not fix anything. It ran, but I still had the same problem afterwards. I do have the Windows CD, but I did an upgrade install when Windows 7 first came out, from Vista to Windows 7 so I am not sure which CD I would use.