Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Warhammer 40K Space Marine Crashes and BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Northy94

Northy94

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So I bought this on the Steam sale the other day only to find out that AMD FX Series processors are the enemy of THQ games. When I try to load the game up the whole system freezes up to a black screen, I can move the mouse around but it just either cuts to a BSOD telling me about a clock interrupt on the second interval and reboots or just reboots.

Anyway Steam Support told me to update the BIOS, I followed the link they provided http://support.amd.c...Xplatforms.aspx
I have a GIGABYTE Motherboard.

When I downloaded the update it told me it was not compatible with 64 bit versions of Windows 7, I then went to the UK site to download the latest BIOS for my mobo model but again was presented with the same issue. I contacted GIGABYTE back on Saturday but still have had no reply from them.

Basically, can anybody help me figure how to sort this BIOS problem out or just provide me with an easy solution so I can actually play the game at long last? Steam haven't been exactly helpful.
Thanks in Advanced.

Edited by Northy94, 30 April 2012 - 10:17 AM.

Advertisements

Sephiroth_1895

Sephiroth_1895

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Bumpidybump.