Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Help!

• Please log in to reply

Colbyyy

Colbyyy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so a couple of weeks ago I was having trouble with what I thought was my monitors. Basically id turn on my PC, and id get a Power Saving Mode message. I tried DVI, HDMI, VGA and various different monitors but nothing worked. My PC uses crossfire, and I use the inputs on my motherboard, however when I tried to get my PC to work using the inputs on my Video Card, it worked perfectly..until now. A couple of days ago I started noticing small white dots whenever id watch a Video. This soon changed into many white dots, then lines, and now this...

http://imageshack.us.../problemhh.png/

Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
:welcome: Colbyyy

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

Also please ensure that you provide us with your add on video card/s and PSU (power supply unit) details.

Colbyyy

Colbyyy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so..

AMD Vision A8-3850 2.9 Ghz Quad Core
ATI Radeon 6670-2GB PCI-E Graphics
Channel Well PUFP405P 400W ATX Power Supply

Is there anything else you need?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Ok some clarification is needed as there may be a bit of confusion as to what some terminology means.
From your OP;

My PC uses crossfire

Do you have one or two HD6670 add on video cards fitted - working in Crossfire mode?

My first suspicion is that your PSU is under powered, please note that a single 2GB HD6670 requires a PSU with a Minimum 400W output http://www.amd.com/U...overview.aspx#3 meaning your present PSU may not be up to the job as some 400W CWT PSUs only put out 336W maximum load, see http://www.realhardt...rchivos/CWT.htm

My post #2

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial

In your reply you provided the requested video card and PSU details but only your CPU specs (see .jpeg below) and nothing regarding your motherboard, HDDs and any other possible add on cards and all of these things determine the quality and output of the PSU required, please provide the additional details and I strongly suggest that you do not apply power to your PC at the moment.

CPU specs;

Colbyyy

Colbyyy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just the one add on Video card, the other is integrated into the Motherboard.

My motherboard is an MSI A75MA-G55.
My HDD is a Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
I also have 16 GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory.

I'll go through what happened prior to this problem. Basically one day I tried to turn on my PC, it would boot, id hear the sign in page sounds through my speakers but my monitor would stay in power saving mode. I then switched to the DVI input on my Video card and I haven't seen the power saving mode message since. However, the problem with playing videos started happening, as you can see from my picture.

Thanks heaps for your help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Hi Colbyyy, sorry for the delay in replying.
Two suggestions for you, 1: Remove the add on video card and try using the MBs integrated video 2: Try a known good PSU if you can borrow one, please note that the PSU should be a good quality brand such as Antec, Corsair or Seasonic and have a Minimum output of 500W (an 80% efficiency rated PSU would be best).