Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application failed to initialize properly(0xc000135) and Application h

• Please log in to reply

Drachos123

Drachos123

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello all

I am running Windows XP, 32bit.
Yesterday I wanted to play Lord of the Rings online for the first time, I downloaded it, and while installing, it stopped on the last stage:

Installing .Net Framework 1.1 ...
And it kept "installing" it forever. I ended the process in task manager, but the lord of the rings online icon appeared on my desktop! I tried opening the game, and it said: "TurbineInvoker.exe common language runtime debugging services The application created an exception which could not be handled" and the numbers under constantly kept changing.
Someone told me this was because I didn't have Net framework 1.1 I tried uninstalling the previous ones with the Cleaner, and installing 1.1 as suggested, but when the installation is at it's end, I get the same message as up! Regsvcs.exe common language runtime debugging services . I someohow installed it from cmd, but I can't install the other file, named dotnetfxsp1.exe, because it says

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by Windows Installer service because the program to be updated may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be updated exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.
I must note that I previously deleted contents of my appdata folder accidentaly, but i recovered them. And I don't know if framework 1.1 is even properly installed )even if it says ".NET Framework 1.1 is succesfully installed.
I tried making a new account with administrator privileges, nothing. Not even right click, run as administrator works.

When I installed 1.1 framework through the command prompt (without the dotnetfxsp1.exe), and launched LOTRO it says
Application failed to initialize properly(0xc000135)
The error message appears so suddenly like the game wants to make me angry XD
And when I try to unninstall the game, the "App failed to initialize" message appears, but I click OK and it unninstalls it..Does it have something to do with the "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by Windows Installer service because the program to be updated may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be updated exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch." thingie?

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Drachos123

Welcome to GeesktoGo

Go Control panel
Add/Remove programs

check please and post what versions of net framework are shown as installed.

Ccleaner was not the tool to use for unnistalling Net framwowrk there is a dedicated net framework clean up tool.

What version of IE do you have please

What is your anti-virus and firewall please NOT the windows firewall

You have SP3 I presume

Are you able to download and install other updates from Windows update.

Drachos123

Drachos123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks,

I can't find any version though it says that .NET framework 1.1 is succesfuly installet
I didn't use CCLeaner, I used another program designed for removing .NET Frameworks, google it,

I downloaded some updates, and installed them succesfully. I now have more updates to install but I can't, because it says: "Some updated couldn't be installed" idk why
IE version: 6.0
ESET Nod32 antivirus - disabled
Windows firewall(what other firewall do I have?) -disabled
Yeah, SP3

Thanks

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
My error, read it as CCleaner, whereas of course you said cleaner.

I am not sure what you mean by telling me to Google it.

I do not think I need to google it, it may, with respect, have been of more assistance if you had simply told me what you used,.

This is the recognised procedure.
http://blogs.msdn.co...28/8904493.aspx

the site needs exploring, as before you use the clean up you use the troubleshooter.

Also my query was

check please and post what versions of net framework are shown as installed

not just 1.1. but all net frameworks eg. 2, 3.5 the service pack for 3.5, etc

Re the firewall - I meant that if you have another firewall such as Zone Alarm etc that is frequently the cause

what other firewall do I have?)

So I am unsure now, as to whether you are telling me you DO have another firewall but it is disabled OR you are asking me WHAT firewall you have.

If the trouble shooter on the link fails, then the usual solution is to uninstall all net frameworks using the net framework clean up tool and start again installing as indicated.

In view of the fact that you say, some cannot now be installed, you must of course solve this before, you UINSTALL the net framework, the fact that the net framwork cannot be installed is sometimes due to corruption of some form in exisiting net frmaeworks, but when other updates will not install, NOT connected with those, then you need to obtain the error message.

I would start with a chkdsk /r on the C drive and follow that with a system file check
the SFC is start run, type
sfc /scannow

Do the chkdsk FIRST

Drachos123

Drachos123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
what troubleshooter? I used exactly this program the problem is that I can't manually install framework 1.1 because of regsvcs.exe common language runtime debugging services. I can't install the second program also -.-

and look what problem did I got now: As I said I installed it( I think so) through this: (Originally copied from LOTRO forums)

"Step Five
(Begin the installation from the cmd prompt which should read C:\DotNet>)

Install .net 1.1 redistributable

type in
dotnetfx /C:"msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet"

enter and you'll get a pop up asking if you want to install

Click Yes

You'll probably get a pop up compatibility window warning(.net 1.1 is not compatible with windows 7).

Click Run Program

It will install, and you should get a dialog box stating installation is complete
Install .net 1.1 SP1

type in
dotnetfxsp1 /XP:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp

you wont notice anything other than maybe an hourglass cursor

type in
msiexec.exe /a c:\dotnet\netfx.msi /p c:\dotnet\netfxsp.msp"

The msiexec.exe file appeared and I runned it and at the begining of the instalation i got an Internal Error 2908

I'm confused now -.-
thanks

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
With respect you are making this difficult

You now ask WHAT Troubleshooter

Have you looked at the link I sent you

If you open it, you immediately see the net framework clean up tool

On that page is this

There are a couple of very important caveats that you should review before using this tool to remove any version of the .NET Framework from your system:

• This tool is designed as a last resort for cases where install, uninstall, repair or patch installation did not succeed for unusual reasons. It is not a substitute for the standard uninstall procedure. You should try the steps listed in this blog post before using this cleanup tool.
  • This cleanup tool will delete shared files and registry keys used by other versions of the .NET Framework. If you run the cleanup tool, you will need to perform a repair/re-install for all other versions of the .NET Framework that are on your computer or they will not work correctly afterwards.

So your first paragraph of your last post,

what troubleshooter? I used exactly this program the problem is that I can't manually install framework 1.1 because of regsvcs.exe common language runtime debugging services. I can't install the second program also -.-

is still not clear to me.
"I used exactly this program"

WHICH program please, because before you told me to Google it.
saying

I used another program designed for removing .NET Frameworks, google it,

and I explained that I did not know what you were suggesting, but the recognised way of dealing with the Net Framework problems is the program I sent you.

and as you say you are running XP

You'll probably get a pop up compatibility window warning(.net 1.1 is not compatible with windows 7).

I do not understand this either, unless the message WAS -IF you are running Windows 7.

Drachos123

Drachos123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well people referred me to that site.

"http://blogs.msdn.co...8/8904493.aspx"
The .Net Framework cleanup tool. I used it to clean any .Net Frameworks that I currently have.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am very sorry.

However I cannot assist you further.

Please be assured that I would dearly like to help, that is the purpose of me working on this site. To help and the satisfaction when a result is obtained.

Unfortunately, it appears, that although you have rather good use of the English language, it is not your first language and we are having diffculty
communicating

My sincere apologies and I wsh you good luck with it.

In one final effort to help

1. You should have gone through the various steps of gthe troubleshooter

2. As you have now moved to the cleanup tool you should UNINSTALL ALL Net frameworks using the tool

3.You should then attempt reinstall

4. You should run the CHKDSK and the System file check that I sent you in my post 4.
You have acknowledged that or indicated that you have or WILL

This I think again is the language barrier and the reason I cannot help.

Once again I am sorry.

Drachos123

Drachos123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The main point of this is that I'm just a 14 year old teenager. No problems, thank you for trying to help...

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Age did not enter into it

It is simply that I cannot succeed in getting across to you what I am asking you to do.

It is NOT your fault and indeed not any one`s I think

It is just that we appear to have diffculty communicating

I really do wish you the best of luck with it.

I presume you have downloaded the version of the game for XP - I did mention that aspect earlier - if there is versions for Operating systems I am not a gamer.

Advertisements

Drachos123

Drachos123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well I'm going to install windows 7 tomorrow because I've seen people playing it without any difficulties installing it.

Well tomorrow I will try the process of cleaning .NET framework versions with the cleaner program and installing it again.

Thanks again!

Edited by Drachos123, 03 May 2012 - 02:58 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
May I suggest this very easily.
Uninstall all versions of Net.framework first
Then start with the version 1.1 and install one at a time. After each installation reboot so the installation can take affect. Make sure the system is running right and then install the next version. Repeat the steps till either you hit a problem or all versions to the newest are installed.

You can't skip a version as some programs need different versions to run so all versions must be installed in order.

Drachos123

Drachos123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I still get the Regsvcs Error and I assure you that I used the cleaner to unninstall every version of .Net Framework and rebooted after that. :(

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
In a further attempt to try and help,

You now having done this

I still get the Regsvcs Error and I assure you that I used the cleaner to unninstall every version of .Net Framework

Have a look at this and see what your settings are please

http://blogs.msdn.co.../24/442747.aspx

• From the Start menu, type intl.cpl in the Run box or go to Control Panel and choose the Regional and Language Options item
  • Click the Advanced tab
  • Change the language in the dropdown box labeled "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use:" to English (this setting represents the system locale for the computer)
  • Check the box labeled "Apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user profile"
  • Click OK
  • Restart
  • Install the .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1
  • Install .NET Framework 1.0 SP3 or 1.1 SP1
  • Return to the Regional and Language Options control panel and change the language in the Advanced tab back to the original setting
I appreciate that the article mentions SP2, but it is with reference to the change AFTER SP2 so it will I think still apply to SP3

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to Start and then to Control Panel
Click Add/Remove Programs
At the top of the window click on the little box that says Show All Updates
Now scroll down and see if there are any Net.Frameworks left in the list. They should be in the Microsoft area.