Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bsod help me please

• Please log in to reply

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
well i put in other video driver but when i run drivermax shows an update

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What happens if you update it?

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
idk

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK well you can always rollback the driver if it doesn't work so go ahead and update it.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. Driver Max will report an update, as I did not send you the latest of the drivers for those graphics, I sent you the 12.1 on purpose as that was widely reported as the solution to some crashes.

Personally and you must appreciate that it is not by any means a question of being right or wrong, it is simply a different viewpoint, I prefer in the instance of drivers for the graphics always taking them from the AMD site - in this case - that is on the link I sent you, you then know for certain that you have the driver that AMD say is the right one for the graphics and the 64 bit system. I do not mean that DriverMax is not good, but I personally would rather choose the driver than simply accept their offering.

It is stressed on that site in the release notes which I also sent you the link for that the uninstall of the old driver is important, as when the new driver is installed, it does not always ensure removal of all files of the old driver and then we have the possibility of a conflict

2. I would also go back to the Asus link and check you have the latest offfering for the LAN driver, there are only two, but the latest is WHQL - Windows Hardware Quality Labs certified.- Windows 7 is quite particular regarding drivers at times.

3. Was this a crash back on gaming, or was this the crash when opening programs please.

4. You are I presume now back on two ram sticks, try with one stick in blue and one stick in black
That will not be dual channel
It is easy to be confused I think by this, the two same colour slots, indicate, one stick in each channel.
Therefore one stick in blue and one in black, will be one in each channel

My reasoning is that the whole setup - may just prefer that ram NOT in dual channel

I have been reviewing the topic and I am reasonably convinced, that you should indeed ask Asus for their opinion.
Were it not for the cost I would say, go with two sticks of ram, that have been tested on that board, but it could if I am wrong prove to be an expensive test., as indeed my colleague rshaffer61 suggested.

So in summary I would
1. Stay with that graphics driver for the time being

2. Update if you do not already have it the LAN to the later WHQL driver or indeed return to that if you have another one that is NOT on the Asus site
My reasoning to that is that you should always take the drivers from the Asus site, where they are available, as drivers from Realtek for instance are generic and do not cater for the individuality of the changes that may have been made for drivers provided by Realtek to Asus or other motherboard manufacturer

The Realtek Web site provides ONLY generic drivers for download. These drivers may or may not work for your system because Realtek provides drivers which were either modified or rewritten for our OEM customers' application.

3. Try the memory as I have suggested

4. If you still experience the crashes, I would try the 12.2 graphics drivers from the AMD site.

MAY I suggest that if you have not already done so you keep a record of what changes you ma\ke at each stage and what the result is, otther wise I think you may forget exactly what happened with what setup - I know I am having to read and re-read the topic

NOTE
Sorry did not add it to actual post - one change at a time and retest is I think the best way.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I have posted separately, rather than add it to my laso so that you do not miss it

http://vip.asus.com/...age=2&count=545

All of that link is about that motherboard and you will see numerous about ram and some about your ram.

Many people have found it stable running single channel, as I suggested.

If by chance this stops the crashes, return the ram settings to auto and see what happens then.

We do not really want to leave that voltage at 1.64 and I do not suggest it is the ANSWER even if it does stop the crashes, but at least then you will know the issue is the ram and I would then go back to my suggestion of referral to Asus

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
John Lauhoff

It is now some 20 days since the last post on your topic and I just wondered how you were progressing