Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bsod help me please

• Please log in to reply

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
re installed steam and downloaded a game demo crashed to desktop then ran second time and go bsod

On Sun 5/6/2012 1:40:01 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050512-40685-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ndis.sys (ndis+0x8B95)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF8800166BB95, 0xFFFFF8800478C6E0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NDIS 6.20 driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 5/6/2012 1:40:01 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ndis.sys (ndis!NdisAllocateNetBuffer+0x4F5)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF8800166BB95, 0xFFFFF8800478C6E0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
description: NDIS 6.20 driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The only drivers that can be the problem is Audio, Video or nic.
If you have updated them all using DriverMax then I have to say we may be dealing with some infection.

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
yea i ran the program again just now and all drivers up to date sux so whats my damage Posted Image

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
how should i go about taking care of that

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well the good news is there is the malware side to look at now. The bad news it may mean more diagnostics they will have you run and posting of logs. To get you start I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
http://www.geekstogo...30#entry2153930

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
im malware free still experiencing bsod last crash report below

On Sun 5/6/2012 11:41:58 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050612-33197-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC80)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xE3, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000308CABE)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 5/6/2012 11:41:58 PM GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xE3, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000308CABE)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did they find any malware on your system?
OK lets take a step back and try this again.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything and restart.
IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
still crashed with startup disabled

On Mon 5/7/2012 4:05:47 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050612-27424-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC80)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x292A1, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 5/7/2012 4:05:47 AM GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x292A1, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
im maleware free also posted link

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok then we can go to the next step and that is to check the system files.
BTW go back to msconfig and make sure all the things that were checked are checked again since that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
AFTER completing what my colleague has suggested, with the number of errors that repeatedly point to a memory problem, albeit individually they do not necessarily indicate that the problem is faulty ram, many reports pointing out that it may well be driver error etc, I still think that you should return and test the ram.

A lot earlier in this topic, my good colleague rshaffer61, asked you about the ram and you replied that you had

didnt try running with just one stick of ram or swapping them out i have two 4g sticks in it

and that you had run memtest.

I recommend that you DO take out one of these 4Gb sticks of ram.
Normally but not always, you leave in the stick of ram nearest to the processor
That is generally true if you have only two slots for the ram.
It does not always hold true, by any means if you have four slots.

Ram is released by gently easing away from the edges of the sticks the small white (not always white) coloured clips, them ram can then easily be lifted out.
DO NOT touch the actual components on the stick, hold the edges of the stick.

TAKE anti-static precautions and place the stick of ram you remove either on its original anti static bag if you have it or on a piece of card.
DO NOT place it on carpet, that is a perfect static generator.

Test with the ONE stick in.
If no success, take that stick out and replace with stick you removed originally.

The fact that you ran memtest, particularly if you did NOT allow the full test to run on 6 passes , each pass having 8 tests, does NOT mean that the ram is OK

Each test writes different configurations of data to the ram, it then returns and sees if tha data it wrote is still the same.

It is vital that the tests complete, as it is only by doing so that the ram is stressed, in the same way that it would be, when the system is using ram, to its capacity.

For the same reason, with the one stick of ram, you must test the system, by repeating what caused the crash originally, it is not sufficient, simply to boot to the desktop.

Here is an excellent guide on removing and replacing ram
http://www.crucial.c...stall/dimm.aspx

EDIT NOTE

I now know that your motherboard has four ram slots
http://uk.asus.com/M...#specifications

consult your manual as to which slot must be populated for the system to boot. So if you have the two sticks of ram in the blue slots, you will remove one stick from one of the blue slots, you will have to check your manual to see which blue slot, must be populated. The same applies if they are in the black slots.

The colours do NOT indicate the same channel, but, as the motherboard supports dual channel ram, the blue indicates one stick in EACH channel and the black, the same ie: with all four populated you would have two sticks in each channel.

Finally, I apologise if I have missed it, but although I found the motherboard model in amongst the posts, please would you confirm the make and FULL model of the computer if branded

FINALLY whilst you have the case open take the opportunity to examine the cleanliness of the fans, and the coolings fins of the CPU - below that fan. I do not suggest that there is any evidence of a problem caused by overheating - dust build up, but it is an ideal opportunity to check.

Caution take anti static precautions, and a soft brush and cotton bud are ideal for cleaning
If you require further guidance, please ask before proceeding.

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
its a custom buit pc

i have
asus m4a79xtd evo motherboard
amd phenom II x6 1090t processor 3.2ghz
gigabyte amd radeon series hd 6850
2x kingston khx1600c9d3k2/8gx ram
lg blu ray burner
seagate 1tb hdd
thats all my hardware i believe
im going run the test he wanted and post back

Edited by John Lauhoff, 07 May 2012 - 12:25 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

im going run the test he wanted and post back

If you mean the SFC asked for by my good colleague and the Moderator rshaffer61, then yes of course please do that as I said.

and then if no success, I recommend as I suggested

John Lauhoff

John Lauhoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
test results

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen01.JPG