Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIN7 64bit and RAID

• Please log in to reply

Just Visiting

Just Visiting

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Good evening everyone,

I have just finally finished my first computer build ever. Everything turns on and appears to work, all the lights and fans work, and everything appears fine.

I did run into one problem, however.

I formatted my RAID 10 with my 4 HDD and did it with ease. I was able to pick RAID 10 and associate all 4 drives and everything was great.

I am now installing Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, and it will not find the drivers. I have tried using the disc provided with the motherboard, downloading them from Asus and Intel directly and using a USB flash drive to get the drivers. As soon as I choose English and US for my installation settings I get an error message and am at a screen that says Select the driver to be installed. The options are browse, which yields nothing (I just get Computer and Boot (X:) under it), I get rescan, which gives me a message saying "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click OK." and I get next which is greyed out.

I would like to finish this tonight, instead of trying to fix it tomorrow with Asus if impossible, so if you can tell me how I can get the installer to recognize my drivers, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thank you so much for your time,

Components:
Asus P9 X79 Pro
Intel i7-3820 (LGA2011)
2x Radeon HD 7970

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

1. Have you set up the raid array in the BIOS

2. Have you connected the drives to the correct sata ports ie the
Intel® X79 chipset :
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), white
4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

Then have you downloaded this driver - from the motherboard CD to a flash pen or from the Asus site

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Driver Software V3.0.0.2003 for Windows XP 64bit & Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Intel® AHCI/RAID Driver for Windows XP 64bit & Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)

Make sure you are not trying the Marvell one.

Finally see this

http://www.hardwares...ID-System/393/6

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

On 2 May you joined GeekstoGo and asked for help.
A reply was posted the same day.
However no response has been received from you
Would you kindly let us know how you went on with the problem