Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

account file sharing settings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
OK, I created my kids their own accounts on the family pc, but when I log into their accounts I still see all MY photos and files in their pictures and documents folders. I thought once you created a new account, all the folders in that new account would be empty so that that account holder could use it for their own purposes. What have I done wrong and how do I fix this? I don't want my photos and files to be available to them in their accounts, just in my account.

Advertisements

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Never mind! I figured it out and fixed it. I'm a big dummy and didn't notice that the stuff that I was seeing was in the "public" folder. So I fixed it and now you don't see it anymore.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :thumbsup: