Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with all burnt dvds sticking when played on dvd player

• Please log in to reply

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello, ive had problems with all my dvds that ive burnt off, they keep sticking then carrying on. This problem seemed to come out of no where ive tried having the dvd burning drive changed with no luck still the same ive noticed that when i play it as an avi it doesnt stick on the laptop but when ive converted it to vob to write on to disc it sticks ive tried different converter different burning software and nothing seems to work. my laptop is a sony vaio it runs windows 7 i would really appreciate any help ive tried everything i can think of.

Advertisements

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ive tried using different converting software and burning software but nothing seems to work, ive tried burning at a slower speed, ive noticed when it burns the dvd the buffer seems to stay up around 95% to 100% then it drops speed and you can hear the drive slow down then it picks back up and carries on, it can drop in speed a couple of times while burning a dvd ive had the dvd drive replaced but it hasnt changed at all any help pls.

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ive tried to check and see if i can change the channels to DMA but i cant seem to find the option to do so, it only brings up two channels and when i right click and go to properties then advanced properties theres no flick down option to change from PIO to DMA if available. ive tried uninstalling and rebooting but when i go to the same place its exactly the same. ive tried entering my bios and enabling the DMA but i cant find the option on there either i got a sony vaio VPCEE range running windows 7 theres gotta be someone out there that can help pls

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Where are the files from?
You have provided no specs on the system you are attempting to play them on.

Before we can help you need to provide the following so I can start you in the right direction.
Laptop or Desktop?
  • If a name brand system then what brand, make and model is the system?
  • If custom built then what brand, make and model is the motherboard
  • Total memory installed
  • Total hard drive capacity and free space
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue

Also please provide the following.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thank you

Sony Vaio VPCEE3EOE

Processor : AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor P340/2.2GHz
Graphics : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics
Display : 39.5cm
total memory : 3 GB
Hard Drive : 320 GB ------currently 118GB free space
Optical Drive :DVD SuperMulti Drive

ive tried - going into device manager - IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to try and enable the channels to DMA but when i go to the ATA channels and go to there properties theres no action on there to be able to change the device from PIO to DMA theres nothing in the box where device is and theres no tick box option either. I tried uninstalling the channels 1 at a time and restarting it letting the OS update it but it hasnt made any difference.
I opened my bios to try and enable the DMA from there reading something on a forum said there was an option where you could enable DMA but i couldnt find any options in the bios to enable DMA.

The burnt dvds are played on my dvd players which i havnt had a problem with, i usualy use avi files convert them with winavi all in one into vob files and burn them from a folder with nero 8. ive tried using other converting and burning software with all the same results.

Ive tried updating drivers, replacing the dvd drive, buying a new dvd player, ive reset my laptop to factory settings.I think it all starting from a bad batch of dvd-r disc i used and alot of them bummed out.

anything else you need mate just let me know your the most help ive had so far lol. thanks for your time mate ive been at a loose end lol.

I ran autoruns and done what you said but when i tried to attach it with this message it said 'Error No file was selected for upload' sorry mate

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I ran autoruns and done what you said but when i tried to attach it with this message it said 'Error No file was selected for upload' sorry mate

This usually happens if you saved the log as the default arn file format.
You have to save it as txt file format and then it will attach.
Being this is a laptop makes things a little more harder to resolve but hey I'm always up for a challenge.

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
done it lol

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I see a couple of things running in the background that may be causing the issue.

Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "Adobe ARM"
+ "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"
+ "StartCCC"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ive ran auslogics disk defrag what do i click now do i click clean up disks or do i shut the program and try to enable DMA

Edited by kibaz100, 07 May 2012 - 02:13 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you have run all the instructions then now try to play one of the discs.
Also in post 4 I asked where the avi files come from you are trying to convert correctly.

Advertisements

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
there just avi video files downloaded from here and there ones ive been fine with in the past

with auslogic i havnt touched it since it finished do i click clean up disks at the bottom or has it already done what it needs to (ive never used this program before)

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
im goner burn a disc off and see how it goes if all goes well ill let you know tomorrow soon as possible thanks for your time today mate

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

there just avi video files downloaded from here and there ones ive been fine with in the past

You are being evasive with your answer. Are they movie files from a P2P site?

kibaz100

kibaz100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
lol yeh there movie files but ive never had any problems before hand with them. i tried converting a fresh avi and burning it the usual way but its still sticking when played on the tv with my dvd player. the avi's downloaded aint from a p2p site.

Edited by kibaz100, 08 May 2012 - 10:33 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are going to lose some type of quality when doing what you are doing but even more important with your response is the following:

We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs or services illegally. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

This thread will be closed.
If you have any questions about the TOU please contact a Global Moderator or Admin for clarification.