Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recover pptx file? Please help!

• Please log in to reply

charm17

charm17

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OMG I'm freaking out. Created a Powerpoint document yesterday on my Mac and saved it to a USB at about 11am. Kept working and hit "save" again when I stopped at 5pm. This morning, I realized the pptx didn't save at 5pm as it had the usual message that I can't save the file on the USB under that filename (won't let me overwrite files for some reason so I have to keep saving under different filenames). Before I saved it properly, I pulled the screen towards me, accidentally pulled the power plug out of the back and now the only file I can find is the 11am one. Is there any way of recovering this? Any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

charm17

charm17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oops never mind, I found a temp folder on my USB. Thank goodness. Sorry peeps.