Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bandwidth testing / monitoring advice please?

• Please log in to reply

valleyboy

valleyboy

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Hi all

I'm not really sure if this is the correct place to pose this question but I've used this forum before and found that there are some knowledgeable folk here so will get this out there anyway! If there is nobody that can help with the specific problem, suggestions on good places to visit (websites) to help understand what the requirements are would be appreciated please.

I am working on some harsh environment connectors that are designed to house standard RJ45 (8 pole, 8 conductor) type connectors within a rugged outer connector for use in transportation or military equipment, amongst other things. These connectors are designed to provide continuous performance while in environments such as vibration; this leads me to the area that I am trying to understand but not sure what sources of information would be relevant.

The connectors will be set up on a vibration table in a lab, I am hoping that there is a method of transmitting a signal (ethernet?) through the wired pair of connectors (category 6a cable, 10Gb/s or category 6 cable, 1Gb/s), and then monitoring what is being received at the other end to determine weather system bandwidth is being affected by the vibration environment? I have looked at equipment that will measure cross talk and insertion loss etc. but not sure if this is really what I am after? When testing is complete I would like to state that we can maintain a continuous service with no detriment to data bitrate ie. constant 10Gb/s for a continuous time period, say 8 hours.

Any suggestions that would help achieve this will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
VB

Advertisements

valleyboy

valleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
I've just had a message informing me of a reply to this post but there doesn't appear to be any replies here? Is there a mod that can shed some light?........

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello valleyboy...

Sorry for the confusion. It sounds like your topic may have been replied to by a spammer...we remove spam postings. The email notification should have included the replying members user name...if you would be so kind as to post that for me, I can verify if that was the case here.

wannabe1

valleyboy

valleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Thanks. It was Bitorino.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yup. I banned Bitorino as a spammer yesterday and removed all of his spammy posts.

valleyboy

valleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
No takers at all? :confused: