Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Confused

• Please log in to reply

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
This may seem an odd question, but did u check to see if someone... for somereason... pulled out the harddrive? and perhaps replacec it with tuna or peanut butter? Its just a faint possibility... :tazz:

Advertisements

jeeplette

jeeplette

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yep, I suspected that very same thing.....but alas, I found nothing good to eat in there. I also checked all the hardware and it's all in there securely. We tried to fix the problem by repairing it from the Windows CD but after it it gets to the installing windows part, it gives us an error message that says "Fatal Error...Data error (cyclic redundancy check)...If you are installing from a CD, there might be a problem with the disc; try cleaning the dic or using another disc." So I took the disc out and looked at it and there is a TINY little bitty scratch (I wouldn't think it would be enough to make a difference). So now what should I do?

jeeplette

jeeplette

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
We decided to reformat AGAIN. Thanks anyways....

jeeplette

jeeplette

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Now that we reformatted and tried to reinstall Windows, it tells us the NTLDR is missing...what do we do?

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Some information about NTLDR missing here