Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD 0x8E stop message

• Please log in to reply

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I downloaded other versions of those two drivers and installed them as well without problems:)

Thanks!

Waiting 4 your instructions...what's next?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you installed all the drivers now? If not go ahead and start with the next two in the list and keep going. If you have them all installed has there been anymore BSOD's?

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I installed last two drivers and rebooted my computer moments ago. Seems all is working fine, no BSOD's noticed=)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok lets see how it works for a day or two before we say everything is resolved. Great job so far. :thumbsup:

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Two days have passed...my computer didn't cause any problems...seems it works as it should:)

Thanks but all credits go to you!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
In case the issue returns just return to this topic and we will continue. For now I am happy to say Congratulations. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Sorry I have to say this but I think we were celebrating too early!

I launched TuneUp Utilities 2011 half an hour ago and I got BSOD again so please take a look at this photo I made and tell me what's wrong...

Here is also WhoCrashed report

System Information (local)
computer name: JUD-03F4AE0B207
windows version: Windows XP Service Pack 3, 5.1, build: 2600
windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 2145820672 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2029481984

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 5/19/2012 13:08:43 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x8E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFFFFFBF810877, 0xFFFFFFFFB2029DE0, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupt:
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini050612-01.dmp

Conclusion
On your computer a total of 2 crash dumps have been found. Only 1 could be analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

unknown

Attached Thumbnails

• BSOD 001.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

As much I am not a fan of bios updates I think we need to look into this possibly being the issue.
I suggets going to the manufacturers website of the system or the motherboard and see if there is a bios update for your system. There should be full instructions on how to do it there.

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I've checked for BIOS update on the manufacturers site and installed latest version. When I restarted my computer this message on desktop appeared...any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

• gmfiltr.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
Look for the mouse driver in the list of Drivers that need to be updated and get that one first. If you want you can post screenshots of all the drivers in the list and I will suggest in what order to get everything after that driver is installed.

Advertisements

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I checked with DriverMax for updates but all drivers are up to date!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did your mouse come with a drivers disk?

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
You mean if I get the mouse together with drivers installation CD?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Some mice will come with a drivers installation disk. Did yours come with that or just the mouse?

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Just the mouse...