Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD 0x8E stop message

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK lets take a step back here for a second. Is the nic card original to the system or has it been replaced with a different one?

Advertisements

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
It's original, no replacements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that means either we have the wrong model for the system or the parts that these drivers are for are not working correctly.

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
So...what will we do about that?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First recheck the make and model number and verify that posting the information again.
Second are you completely sure no parts have been replaced?
Thirdly we will then have to consider the fact the parts are nonfunctional and may need replacing.

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I rechecked the make and model number and it's the same I wrote in the beginning.
Yes, I'm 100% sure no parts have been replaced...I'm using this computer since I bought it and everything worked just fine so far.
How about if I install new copy of Windows...what do you think?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You could try a new install again and see if it will work.

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I will do a clean install of Windows with sp3. I already saved all data on external drive with that Puppy CD if you remember so I have nothing to lose. We tried so much things to do so I don't know if there is any other option left...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I think that would be the best option at this point. Doing that will ensure there is not a problem with the OS and the system should run a lot faster with a fresh install.